Support for SermonSpeaker 3.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 1.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 4.x, which is better anyway.

Feed not limiting text

More
11 Aug 2011 06:42 #851 by Yeastman
I have the 'Limit Text' in the parameters for Sermon Speaker set at 20. However, the itunes:summary line of the feed doesnt truncate at 20. Perhaps I misunderstand the limit text function?

For each sermon we add the pastors' lengthy notes, and it's still showing the entirety of the notes for that summary, which is of course far too long.

Feed URL:
www.calvarychapelkaneohe.com/index.php?o...monspeaker&view=feed

Any suggestions would be appreciated. This appears to be the last hurdle before submitting to itunes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Aug 2011 12:52 #853 by Thomas Hunziker
The itunes:summary field will not get truncated. The summary field may contain up to 4000 characters according to Apple, which is quite a lot. I'm not sure what Apple will do when the field is to long, maybe they just cut what is over 4000 chars. SermonSpeaker could check it and cut it itself, if that is really needed.
I would first try to just submit the feed and see if it gets approved.

The itunes:subtitle field will always be truncated to a maximum of 255 chars or the selected wordcount, whichever is smaller.

The RSS description field is the one that can optionally be truncated to the wordcount if chosen.

More
11 Aug 2011 17:37 #855 by Yeastman
Replied by Yeastman on topic Re: Feed not limiting text
Thanks for the quick answer. Will submit and see how it goes.

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds