Support for SermonSpeaker 3.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 1.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 4.x, which is better anyway.

Frontend Upload - JGLOBAL_AUTH_ACCESS_DENIED

More
03 Aug 2011 17:28 #836 by Tim
Joomla 1.5
SermonSpeaker 3.4.3
Godaddy Hosting

Trying to get the Frontend Upload feature to work and keep getting "JGLOBAL_AUTH_ACCESS_DENIED" when trying to navigate to the menu item created for the Frontend Upload. I have tried setting a Taskname and password for the registered users group and have tried it without. This was done on the parameter level of the menu item and the parameter level of the sermonspeaker itself. I am confused where the parameter needs to be set to allow frontend uploading.

Thanks much and God bless,
Tim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Aug 2011 19:37 #837 by Thomas Hunziker
If you want to use a usergroup, you need to be logged in to be able to use the Frontend Uploader. If you want to use taskname and password, you need to provide the taskname in the URL.
A short docu is here: www.sermonspeaker.net/documentation/11-frontend-upload.html

You can set the parameters in the global SermonSpeaker settings. Then the URL www.yourpage.net/index.php?option=com_se...&view=frontendupload should work.
If you have a special menu entry for the Uploader, you may want to at least check the settings there. The settings in the menu entry will overwrite the global ones. But for testing purposes you can use the above URL and it will only use the global parameters as no menu entry (Itemid) is provided.

If you get the JGLOBAL_AUTH_ACCESS_DENIED error, this also means that your Joomla language files are outdated, you may want to upgrade Joomla and the language files to the newest ones. At least you get a clear message then :-)

More
03 Aug 2011 20:25 #840 by Tim
This was my bad and a waste of your space. Sorry. I finally realized that permissions aren't inherited from higher user objects. So even though I wanted a registered user to be able to upload, they explicitly have to be a member of the "registered" user group even though they might be a "Publisher" for example. I deleted the taskname and password option - changed the group to the appropriate one - and voila! It works now. :lol:

Thanks much and God bless,
Tim

More
03 Aug 2011 20:39 #842 by Thomas Hunziker
It's not wasted, if someone else has the same problem, he will now find the solution :-)

By the way: this behaviour will finally change with Joomla 1.6. It was one of the (many) flaws of the ACL in Joomla 1.5.

Time to create page: 0.167 seconds