Support for SermonSpeaker 3.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 1.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 4.x, which is better anyway.

Problem with player

More
21 Jul 2011 17:00 #782 by georgios
Problem with player was created by georgios
Good afternoon from Greece. I use "sermonspeaker" to a site having preachings in Greek. The problem is that when I use the option "show player" the player says that FILE NOT FOUND. otherwise someone can listen if he has quicktime or can download... Any suggestions?

the site is www.alithos-anesti.gr
I suppose you don't know Greek, so a page with several sermons is:\
www.alithos-anesti.gr/index.php?option=c...view=serie&Itemid=60

Thank you,

Georgios

P.S. If you have in mind to translate sermon speaker in Greek, I can help you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jul 2011 17:30 #783 by Andrei Chernyshev
can you try using characters other than Greek and remove spaces from file names. what i see that is happening is this file name.
www.alithos-anesti.gr/alithos/Memonomena/2-4-2011_ Η καταλαλιά.mp3
gets encoded to
http%3A%2F%2Fwww.alithos-anesti.gr%2Falithos%2FMemonomena%2F2-4-2011_+%CE%97+%CE%BA%CE%B1%CF%84%CE%B1%CE%BB%CE%B1%CE%BB%CE%B9%CE%AC.mp3
both technically are same thing but 2nd URL does not return anything.

More
21 Jul 2011 17:36 #784 by Andrei Chernyshev
oh yea i think Thomas would love to have Greek translation. :)

More
21 Jul 2011 20:09 #785 by Thomas Hunziker
Greek translation would be amazing indeed :-)

Translating SermonSpeaker (or any Joomla component) is quite easy. Some FAQ can be found here: www.sermonspeaker.net/faq/4-how-do-i-cha...enter-word-here.html

So basically take the english language files, rename them and translate the stuff inside to Greek. If you sent the translated files back to me, I'll include them in the next release.

For your problem: The filenames would be my first suspect as well. They need to be URL conform and special characters may or may not break stuff here. Please try it with a simple filename with arabic letters and see if that works.

More
22 Jul 2011 06:37 #787 by georgios
Replied by georgios on topic Re: Problem with player
Thank you for your quick answer! I'll try to do with arabic letters today, but the problem is that the site is addressed to Greek believers and the titles sould be in Greek letters...

Conserning the translation tell me which files I should translate and I'l do it quickly!

Georgios

More
22 Jul 2011 20:38 #792 by Thomas Hunziker
For the SermonSpeaker component it would be /language/en-GB/en-GB.com_sermonspeaker.ini for the frontend and /administrator/language/en-GB/en-GB.com_sermonspeaker.ini and en-GB.com_sermonspeaker.menu.ini for the backend.
There are similar files for each module and plugin as well if you want to translate them as well. Those would be mod_latestsermons, mod_sermoncast, mod_sermonarchive, mod_related_sermons and plg_search_sermonspeaker. Some may only exist in frontend and some only in backend as those don't need language strings as much.

Time to create page: 0.294 seconds