Support for SermonSpeaker 3.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 1.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 4.x, which is better anyway.

Upgrade JW Player

More
25 Aug 2011 16:10 #951 by Thomas Hunziker
The script looks like this:
Code:
<script type='text/javascript'> var so = new SWFObject('<?php echo $player; ?>','player1','80%','80','9'); so.addParam('allowfullscreen','true'); so.addParam('allowscriptaccess','always'); so.addParam('wmode','transparent'); so.addVariable('playlistfile','<?php echo $lnk; ?>'); so.addVariable('playlistsize','60'); so.addVariable('playlist','bottom'); so.addVariable('autostart','<?php echo $start; ?>'); <?php echo $callback; ?> so.write('mediaspace<?php echo $count; ?>'); </script>
I would assume for the skin and other options you would have to add a line like this:
Code:
so.addVariable('skin','path/to/skin.xml');
between the other "so.addVariable" lines.
I would think that should work, but it's long since I fiddled with this code.

With SermonSpeaker 4.x I changed the way we embed the player to the new, much easier way with the JW Embedder. With SermonSpeaker 4.2 it will be even easier to skin the player, as you can set the path in the SermonSpeaker settings and it will load the skin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Aug 2011 17:26 #955 by Scott
Replied by Scott on topic Re: Upgrade JW Player
O.k. That worked. The only other thing I wanted to do was enable plugins. I used the following but it isn't working.

so.addVariable('dock', 'true');
so.addVariable('plugins', 'fbit-1');
so.addVariable('fbit.link', ' www.dbbc.org ');
so.write('mediaplayer');

Here is where I got those:
www.longtailvideo.com/addons/plugins/124...addon=124&vid=126&q=

Do I need to updated the javascript to the one that I got in with my licensed copy of JW Player?

More
25 Aug 2011 17:47 #956 by Scott
Actually, It's working just fine. However, I have to style the video so that button is visible. Right now it is over to the right out of view. I happened to see the outside edge of it and realized that is there.

Thanks for your help! This is a great plugin.

More
25 Aug 2011 23:03 #958 by Thomas Hunziker

so.write('mediaplayer');

That should be
Code:
so.write('mediaspace<?php echo $count; ?>');
It's the codesnippet which tells the player which HTML element to replace.

More
25 Aug 2011 23:13 #959 by Scott
I removed that line as you already had it in the code.

I haven't made the upgrade from Joomla 1.5 yet so SermonSpeaker 4 won't work on my site. I really want to take advantage of the failover between the Flash and HTML5 modes available in the upgraded player. Would I be able to add the JW Embedder code?

More
25 Aug 2011 23:25 #961 by Thomas Hunziker
It would be a bit more work to include the JW Embedder into SermonSpeaker 3.4.3. But basically all is done in 2 files:
/components/com_sermonspeaker/views/sermon/view.html.php contains the code to load the SWFObject javascript (around line #52) and the helper file contains the output for the needed HTML and javascript.

Instead of the SWFObject you load the JWPlayer javascript library and the javascript in the helperfile needs to be changed to the JW Embedder equivalent. That's about it.

Time to create page: 0.293 seconds