Support for SermonSpeaker 3.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 1.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 4.x, which is better anyway.

sermon speaker feed

More
16 Jun 2011 14:39 #678 by jon wilkin
I just discovered that my feed no longer validates. It is the standard feed for sermon speaker. Feed validator gives this message:
This feed does not validate.

line 1, column 1: XML parsing error: <unknown>:1:1: xml declaration not at start of external entity [help]

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
^

At the start of today, I was using 3.4.2; I upgraded to 3.4.3 (both component and sermoncast module) with same results. Any assistance would be appreciated.
Thanks, Jon Wilkin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jun 2011 20:39 #679 by Thomas Hunziker
Can you give me a link to the feed so I can have a look myself?

Usually this is caused by bad programmed content or system plugins which generate some code before SermonSpeaker creates the feed code. The greybox effect from the ScriptureLink Plugin is such a case.

More
28 Jun 2011 01:46 #701 by Andrei Chernyshev
a while back a solution to this fix from re-replacer forums. and only now had a change to try it out. you'll have to go into plugins/content/scripturelinks.php file and drop the following lines on line 47.
Code:
$document =& JFactory::getDocument(); $docType = $document->getType(); // only in html if ( $docType != 'html' ) { return; }

Time to create page: 0.285 seconds