Support for SermonSpeaker 3.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 1.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 4.x, which is better anyway.

"Musical Notes" before and after sermon title

More
13 Jan 2011 14:30 - 13 Jan 2011 17:49 #59 by Rev. Joel A. Brondos
When users arrive at our SermonSpeaker page, they see the list of sermons . . . and before and after each title, there are two little musical notes.

I don't think I've entered any extra quotes or special characters to the title. What causes this and how do I eliminate them?
Last edit: 13 Jan 2011 17:49 by Rev. Joel A. Brondos. Reason: The web page used as an example for the problem was fixed and is no longer an example of the problem.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jan 2011 15:01 #61 by Thomas Hunziker
That looks funny :)

It's caused by your template. It seems to apply some css to every link that goes to an audio file.
The CSS is defined in
stpaulsbrookfield.com/templates/jsn_epic...ss/jsn_iconlinks.css
and looks like this:
Code:
a[href$=".mp3"], a[href$=".wav"], a[href$=".ogg"], a[href$=".wma"], a[href$=".m4a"] (linie 18){ padding-top: 0pt; padding-right: 20px; padding-bottom: 0pt; padding-left: 0pt; display: inline-block; background-color: transparent; background-image: url("../images/icons-ext-16.png"); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-attachment: scroll; background-position: right -1122px; }

You could delete the whole block and it should work then.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rev. Joel A. Brondos

More
13 Jan 2011 17:48 #62 by Rev. Joel A. Brondos
Thank you! I would NEVER have figured that out on my own. (The fact that you could see these lines doesn't indicate that I have some kind of security vulnerability, does it?)

More
13 Jan 2011 18:18 #63 by Thomas Hunziker

Rev. Joel A. Brondos wrote: Thank you! I would NEVER have figured that out on my own. (The fact that you could see these lines doesn't indicate that I have some kind of security vulnerability, does it?)

No it doesn't :)
The CSS files have to be transfered to the browser, otherwise it wouldn't know what to do ;)

There is a nice Add-on for the Firefox browser, called Web Developer. It lets you see the applied CSS for any given element on a website. Makes finding such errors a piece of cake ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rev. Joel A. Brondos

Time to create page: 0.304 seconds