Support for SermonSpeaker 3.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 1.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 4.x, which is better anyway.

Link to category broken

• Richard Pearce
  • Richard Pearce's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 May 2011 04:18 #575 by Richard Pearce
Link to category broken was created by Richard Pearce
I have created a "Sermons List" menu item and specified a category filter in the "Category for sermons" parameter. I expected that this would display a list of all sermons that belonged to the category I specified. However it displays all sermons. The URL in the Link box looks like it might be missing a parameter: index.php?option=com_sermonspeaker&view=sermons

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 May 2011 06:25 #576 by Thomas Hunziker
The categories is saved within the menu item. It will not visible in the URL. But you're URL is missing the menu item and thus no filter is applied. It should look something like this:
index.php?option=com_sermonspeaker&view=sermons&Itemid=20

• Richard Pearce
  • Richard Pearce's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 May 2011 05:57 #577 by Richard Pearce
Replied by Richard Pearce on topic Re: Link to category broken
This doesn't seem to play nicely with sh404SEF. I have two links - one to all sermons and another to a single category. However the second link is being seen as a duplicate of the first so if you click on either link, you go to the "All sermons" page.

I got around this by creating the new links in sh404SEF manually.

More
12 May 2011 07:13 #578 by Thomas Hunziker
Yeah, sh404SEF needs a "plugin" for each component for it to work. Since I don't have sh404SEF myself I can't create that plugin. Someone once created one, but I'm not sure if it's still working as I have no way to test it.

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds