Support for SermonSpeaker 3.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 1.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 4.x, which is better anyway.

Export to CSV

More
02 May 2011 22:36 #548 by Ruben Ryapolov
Export to CSV was created by Ruben Ryapolov
I'm looking into upgrading my website to Joomla version 1.6...
But, I do not want to upload all my sermons again.
For a different site, I use the component EXP Autos (A joomla automotive component) which you add in vehicle makes into, then add models, etc. And when you want to upgrade your site, you export all your makes, models, etc. to your computer, then upgrade your website then go back and import all your items back into EXP Autos and you dont have to upload all the makes and models in manually again.

So what I was thinking is when could you implement a CSV export feature so that you can export all the sermon details to a csv file then import the csv file into your new site without having to manually uploading all the sermons again. Of coarse the actual media files are not included in the csv files, it is your job to download them from your host and upload them to the new host via FTP. If you don't understand what I'm trying to say, I am a good friend with the creator/developer of EXP Autos, and I can ask him to talk to you, he can explain in detail on how it works.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 May 2011 06:10 #549 by Thomas Hunziker
Replied by Thomas Hunziker on topic Re: Export to CSV
I think there are better tools already out there with which you can achieve the same.
SermonSpeaker stores all its infos in 3 tables. This can be exported/imported with standalone tools like phpMyAdmin or Joomla components like Art Adminer.

If you upgrade your site please look at this post:
www.sermonspeaker.net/forum/SermonSpeake...ration-from-343.html

More
03 May 2011 13:27 #550 by Ruben Ryapolov
Replied by Ruben Ryapolov on topic Re: Export to CSV
Okay, I will look into it.

But it wouldn't hurt to create a CSV import/export option.. I was told it is not hard to do if you know php, which I dont... You should think about implementing this feature in coming versions of SS.

All I can really do is show you a few examples of code or something to get you started.

More
03 May 2011 14:27 #551 by Thomas Hunziker
Replied by Thomas Hunziker on topic Re: Export to CSV
It's not hard. An export would be actually quite simple. The problems start when you import an older version. I would have to make checks from which SermonSpeaker version the data is and alter the data as needed. This is more than I want to do.
A simple export/import is already very easy to do with existing components/tools. I couldn't do it any better. Really :-)

Maybe I think about an export, but an import will probably not happen.

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds