Support for SermonSpeaker 3.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 1.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 4.x, which is better anyway.

URL for Frontend Uploader Wizard

More
12 Jan 2011 19:13 #48 by Rev. Joel A. Brondos
1) I enabled the frontend upload in the parameters of my Joomla site.

2) I saw the Sermon Speaker documentation which listed this URL:

www.mychurch.com/index.php?option=com_se...up=mychurchuploading

3) I replaced the " www.mychurch.com " part of the URL with our church's website address . . . but I'm not certain what to change (if anything) in the rest of that URL to make the frontend uploader wizard to work.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jan 2011 19:58 #50 by Thomas Hunziker
The part behind "&frup=" is a unique taskname, which has to match the taskname set in the SermonSpeaker parameters. Set it to something unique for your page, so other can't guess it. You also have to set a password there, and enable the Frontend Uploader.
This is one way how this can be done.

You can also use the Fronend Uploader by authenticating against an user(group). Then you don't need the "&frup" stuff and can offer a regular menu link. It just needs some way to login to you page and you then specify which usergroup(s) are allowed to upload. I prefer this way ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rev. Joel A. Brondos

More
12 Jan 2011 21:22 #52 by Rev. Joel A. Brondos
Note: in the SermonSeries parameters, "Taskname" is misspelled "Tasname"

And how do I "authenticate against a user(group)"? Is that something I do in the SermonSpeaker parameters . . . or in the Joomla/CB user settings?

More
13 Jan 2011 07:17 #56 by Thomas Hunziker
In the SermonSpeaker parameters you define which Joomla usergroup(s) are allowed to upload.
SermonSpeaker then uses Joomla functions to check if the logged in user is in an allowed usergroup.

Fixed the typo in the language files. Thanks for telling ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rev. Joel A. Brondos

Time to create page: 0.171 seconds