Support for SermonSpeaker 3.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 1.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 4.x, which is better anyway.

Can't apply sidebar to latest sermons

• Mark Crymble
  • Mark Crymble's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
28 Mar 2011 18:48 #419 by Mark Crymble
Can't apply sidebar to latest sermons was created by Mark Crymble
Sermonspeaker is proving to be a real treat on our website, I must thank the developers and community again for their effort.

I have one small problem at the moment. I use the latest sermons module in a sidebar on my homepage and again on the sermons page of my church website. Under the heading "New Sermons" on the right hand side.

Home page here
Sermon page here

However, whenever you click on a sermon from the latest sermons module (on the home page or sermon page) I cannot apply the normal sidebar module to the sermon when visited from the latest sermons module. I use search friendly web addresses in the joomla configuration, so a normal sermon looks like this:

www.dunlucechristianfellowship.com/site/...058-the-kings-return compared to
www.dunlucechristianfellowship.com/site/...058-the-kings-return when visited from the latest sermons module.

You can see that the second link shows now sidebar on the right hand side of the page. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Mark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Mar 2011 20:17 #420 by Thomas Hunziker
I can help B)

It's actually quite simple. The latest sermons module has a parameter which allows you to set a menu entry. This menu entry is crucial for the SEF adresses. You probably don't have it set and thus Joomla creates this funny looking URLs instead. And since no menu entry is selected, you can't assign a module to it.

In earlier version of this module, I had it automatically detect a SermonSpeaker menu entry and assign it. However this could go wrong in some cases and thus I decided to let you guys choose which entry to use. I think this change happened between SermonSpeaker 3.4.2 and 3.4.3.

So, please check the settings and assign a menu entry in the module settings. Then this menu entry should be applied to all links of this module, building nice looking URLs and allowing you to assign modules ;)

Hope that helped :)

• Mark Crymble
  • Mark Crymble's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
28 Mar 2011 20:32 #421 by Mark Crymble
Replied by Mark Crymble on topic Re: Can't apply sidebar to latest sermons
Thanks Thomas, this didn't initially work but after trying a few different entries it worked under the menu item of my sermon archive.

Thanks again

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds