Support for SermonSpeaker 3.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 1.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 4.x, which is better anyway.

Sermon starts then stops and won't play further

• Erik Russell
  • Erik Russell's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
20 Mar 2011 01:03 #365 by Erik Russell
I am doing a new site for our church and re-creating our sermons using SS on the new site.

Here is the old site:
lucayakirk.com/web/index.php?option=com_sermonspeaker&Itemid=6

And here is the new sermon page on the new site (still under construction!)
www.lucayakirk.com/index.php?option=com_...ew=sermons&Itemid=27

I have created an entirely new Joomla install (in the root www folder; the old site is in the /web folder). I have copied all the sermon files into a new location.

You will see two sermons posted there. Both of them start to play for about a second then stop.

Anyone have any ideas on what might be wrong?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Mar 2011 01:50 #366 by Andrei Chernyshev
auto start is set to false
file=http://lucayakirk.com/components/com_sermonspeaker/media/sermons/Luke22-31-39web.mp3&autostart=false&height=20&width=200

• Erik Russell
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
20 Mar 2011 02:04 #367 by Erik Russell
Replied by Erik Russell on topic Re: Sermon starts then stops and won't play further
Hi Andrei -- thanks for your reply!

I apologise I am a fairly new user to SS; I wasn't directly responsible for SS on the old site so am still a bit unfamiliar with the details.

Is the autostart set only in the parameters link on the main SS backend page?

I changed the autostart parameter to ON but this didn't seem to solve the problem. (I would prefer not to have it autostart, but if that solved the problem then I could live with it.)

Any other ideas?

• Erik Russell
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
20 Mar 2011 02:17 #368 by Erik Russell
Replied by Erik Russell on topic Re: Sermon starts then stops and won't play further
I have just tested my new sermon pages in Safari and they played fine. Can anyone else confirm if they play okay in Firefox for them? They will not play in FF for me.

Thanks,

~ejr~

More
20 Mar 2011 07:09 #369 by Thomas Hunziker
Interesting. It works in IE8, but fails indeed in FF. I guess it is because the duration is set to 0 seconds.
It also seems like you don't use the newest available SermonSpeaker version. What version do you have installed? And can you try with SermonSpeaker 3.4.3?

• Erik Russell
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
20 Mar 2011 13:30 #370 by Erik Russell
Hi Thomas,

I hadn't originally set the duration because I thought that was a field that was automatically populated. I have since put in the duration but it didn't change the behaviour.

I have v3.4 installed; when I try to install v3.4.3 I get:
There was an error uploading this file to the server.
Unable to find install package

v3.4 and v 3.4.2 install with no error. (I recall now that this was the problem I had in the other thread. Sorry I forgot those details!)

All that said, after installing v3.4.2 it WORKS in FF! Awesome.

If you have any ideas why v3.4.3 won't install or if you need more details, please let me know.

Thanks so much for your quick response and your excellent work!

~ejr~

Time to create page: 0.312 seconds