Support for SermonSpeaker 3.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 1.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 4.x, which is better anyway.

Series Player not showing and changing date format

• Tweed
  • Tweed's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
23 Feb 2011 00:15 #284 by Tweed
Thanks so much for sermon speaker!

1st question:

In series view, the player doesn't show. I have looked at all parameters and can't seem to find a fix. The player shows up fine in the sermon view, but not the series view.

www.friendschurchonline.com/index.php?vi...monspeaker&Itemid=54

2nd Question:

In all of the pre-listed formats for displaying date in Parameters, I do not find one to list such as "Sunday, February 20, 2011" Is there a simple way I can do this to have that as an option?

Thanks!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Feb 2011 06:57 #285 by Thomas Hunziker
1: The series player actually takes the sermons from the podcast, filtered for the series. I think you didn't publish the sermons for the podcast and thus the player doesn't have a file to play.

In SermonSpeaker 4.x this will be taken from the actual list instead, which works better :)

2: The date formats are taken from the global Joomla language file. Change the format there and you get the option in SermonSpeaker.

• Fernando
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
08 May 2011 05:54 #565 by Fernando

Hello, Series Player nt showing for me either.

I found this message
Task Queue failed at step 5: Playlist could not be loaded: Error #1088
This message is in white text so I had to higlight with my mouse to read it.

Please take a look
www.plainedgebaptist.com
-Click on Where do you want to go
-Click on Pastor Rob's Messages.

I put one series with one sermon. You will see that it displays everything but the player.

I created a folder called podcast off of the root and I entered this folder name in the Sermon Speaker Perimeters. I upload an MP3 and PDF. I create the sermon in Sermon Speak and I am able to easily pull up the pdf and mp3. I save it. I then created a menu item to display sermon series and set path for MP3 to podcast and all other settings to Global.

When I click on the menu item on the front end
What I get is the Sermon series image for the series which is good
I also get the mp3 player along with scripture ref, speaker, date, time, and pdf link but I dont get a player. Just a gray cirle with a line through it.

Please help
Attachments:

More
08 May 2011 07:28 #566 by Thomas Hunziker
As said the series player takes the playlist by using the feed view. Your podcast is invalid and thus the series player fails.
Disable the "greybox" effect in your scripture links plugin and the feed will be valid and the series player will most likely work.

• Fernando
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
09 May 2011 02:12 #574 by Fernando
:) Great!!! that worked perfectly. Sorry I didnt quite understand the first time around.

~F

Time to create page: 0.319 seconds