Support for SermonSpeaker 3.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 1.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 4.x, which is better anyway.

Problems with typing foreign language

More
10 Feb 2011 08:11 #244 by Vitaliy Kovalenko
Hi,

I'm using Joomla 1.5 with SermonSpeaker 3.4.3 and I have hard time with typing Russian. If I type Sermon titles or Scripture Reference it turns my characters in to ?????? ???? question marks when I save my sermon.

Please help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Feb 2011 08:49 #245 by Thomas Hunziker
Maybe Andrei can help you more here. But as far as I understood him lately, it could be related to your mysql charset. This should be utf8 and not latin1.
You should be able to set the database charset with phpMyAdmin or similar programs.

More
10 Feb 2011 13:03 #246 by Andrei Chernyshev
what is happing is your data base is not expecting UTF-8 Characters.
there is a component called Admin Tools By Akeeba, down load that and change your database collation tables to UTF-8 General or Generic. this will make a modification to all tables. and allow you to save data in Russian or any other character set using any component or article now and in future if i'm not mistaken.

More
10 Feb 2011 23:29 #251 by Vitaliy Kovalenko
:cheer: :cheer: Great! Thanks for help! I installed Admin Tools and changee database collation tables to UTF-8 General. Problem resolved!!!

Time to create page: 0.167 seconds