Support for SermonSpeaker 3.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 1.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 4.x, which is better anyway.

Sermons not visible when uploading files by FTP

More
04 Feb 2011 21:03 #223 by Rev. Joel A. Brondos
I recently uploaded five sermons by FTP into the same sermon subdirectory as my existing files.

Those sermons aren't listed when I log into the back end, wanting to categorize them, add detailed information, etc.

Do mp3 files have to be uploaded via Sermon Speaker in order to be recognized by Sermon Speaker?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Feb 2011 21:10 #224 by Andrei Chernyshev
no, you need to specify folder location where those files are stored, from joomla root. see screen shot.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rev. Joel A. Brondos

More
04 Feb 2011 22:09 #228 by Rev. Joel A. Brondos
I probably didn't form my question very well.

(1) I have the parameters set for my sermon subdirectory correctly.
(2) I have sermons located in that directory which are working perfectly well.
(3) I uploaded new sermons, mp3 files, into that same subdirectory.
(4) The uploaded sermons don't appear in the list of sermons when I use the Sermon Speaker component.

That being said, since I've started using the front end to upload files, I noticed that under the default Sermon Speaker subdirectory for sermons, there are also a chain of subdirectories like this: Sermons -> http: -> [mysite.com] -> index.php -> home -> contact-us . . . and in the "contact-us" subdirectory are all the files that I've uploaded.

Those files appear in Sermon Speaker's list of sermons, i.e. all the sermons I've uploaded through the front end are listed there and they work fine.

But I also tried moving one of the other mp3 files that I ftp'd to the default Sermons subdirectory -- and they don't show up in the list of sermons there either.

More
04 Feb 2011 22:23 #230 by Thomas Hunziker
This looks a bit strange to me. SermonSpeaker should not create such directories. If it does it would be a bug I don't yet discovered.
What did you set in the parameter for the upload directory and sermon directory?

Just to be clear. After you uploaded the new sermons into the defined directory, you try to create a new sermon in the backend and then the file isn't listed in the dropdownlist?
What is the name of the uploaded file? Maybe it has some special characters or something which causes issues?

Time to create page: 0.175 seconds