Support for SermonSpeaker 3.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 1.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 4.x, which is better anyway.

Upgrade Trouble

More
01 Sep 2012 17:40 #2441 by Brandon
Upgrade Trouble was created by Brandon
I just upgraded from 3.1 to 3.4.3. Everything seemed to go ok and the sermons are still listed in the back end as expected.

But when I try to create a menu item for sermon speaker, the page is blank. I've tried a bunch of configurations, but nothing will display on the menu page.

svchapel.org/sermons

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Sep 2012 20:34 #2443 by Thomas Hunziker
Replied by Thomas Hunziker on topic Upgrade Trouble
It looks like the script causes a fatal error. Enable the Joomla error logging and see if that shows you an error. If not you have to check the server error log to see what is going on.

More
01 Sep 2012 20:45 #2445 by Brandon
Replied by Brandon on topic Upgrade Trouble
I'm not sure what Joomla error logging you're referring to. I turned on server error reporting to maximum in the global configuration and debug in the system settings, but I don't see any errors on this page.

More
01 Sep 2012 21:21 #2448 by Thomas Hunziker
That was exactly what I meant. If this doesn't show anything, then there should be logs in the server error logfiles. If you don't have access to those, then you need to contact your hoster and ask them.

More
01 Sep 2012 22:05 #2450 by Brandon
Replied by Brandon on topic Upgrade Trouble
Sheesh! As someone used to WordPress, Joomla is a big pain. I've never had this much trouble updating a WP plugin.

More
02 Sep 2012 09:07 #2457 by Thomas Hunziker
WordPress is built for Blogs, Joomla is a full featured CMS which offers a lot more and is much more flexible.
Also you are doing an upgrade over SermonSpeaker releases spanning many years and two different developers.
It's not the easiest task :-)

Time to create page: 0.307 seconds