Support for SermonSpeaker 3.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 1.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 4.x, which is better anyway.

Can't Save a Sermon

More
24 Jul 2012 16:37 #2326 by Angie
Can't Save a Sermon was created by Angie
I have been using Sermon Speaker on my website for years. Always worked fine but just this week it had begun throwing an error anytime I try to save a sermon. If the sermon contains an mp3 path (or link) then the "save" button takes me to a "Website Not Found Error 403" general browser page. If it does not contain a link I can save the sermon. Even if I open existing sermons and try to save it, if it has the path typed in it will not save, just takes me to the error page.

I was able to go directly into the database and enter the sermon path and it saved and worked fine. I am also able to save all of my other Joomla features. It's only when the path is typed in that I get the error. Again this has worked fine for years and no changes have been made to the site in months except adding sermons.

I am using Joomla 1.5 and Sermon Speaker 3.2 - tried updating to 3.4 and still had the problems plus it wrote over some of my settings so I rolled back to a backup I had made. Any help would be much appreciated, the program is now basically unusable.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jul 2012 18:21 #2327 by Thomas Hunziker
Replied by Thomas Hunziker on topic Can't Save a Sermon
SermonSpeaker 3.2 is so much outdated that I can't support you even if I wanted. It was built before my time. So my only suggestion is to update your page.

sermonspeaker.net/faq.html#article-id-27 tells you how you can upgrade your installation. It's highly recommended to migrate your whole site to Joomla 2.5 and SermonSpeaker 4.x. But it also shows you what steps you need to take to upgrade at least SermonSpeaker to 3.4.3 if you want to stay with Joomla 1.5 for whatever reasons.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.152 seconds