Support for SermonSpeaker 3.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 1.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 4.x, which is better anyway.

Download Sermon Button Fails Inconsistently

More
02 Feb 2011 07:04 #190 by Kamal Abou Mikhael
I get a 500 error on certain sermons when I hit the "Download Sermon" button.

www.cbbclebanon.org/errors.csv is the php error log (reading the first timestamp group should sufficient).

I tried to change the name, thinking it's too long. But that wasn't an issue.

I also noticed another difference between a successfully downloaded file and one that is not: there is a "//" instead of "/" after "media" in the sermon path. I removed the last "/" in the configuration, but it didn't work.

Kindly help.

In Christ,

Kamal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Feb 2011 07:41 #194 by Thomas Hunziker
The 500 error should be visible in the apache errorlog as an error. In the posted error.csv are only notices and warnings, so the 500 is not visible there.
A difference in the files may also be the size. If the filesize is bigger than the allowed memory for php, then the download will fail with a 500 error.

The sermonpath is taken directly from the database entry. If you got two //, maybe it is like that in the database. You could check the sermon in the backend and see how it looks there and fix it if necessary.

More
02 Feb 2011 21:01 - 02 Feb 2011 21:08 #196 by Kamal Abou Mikhael
Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your reply. I did some experimentation and found that files above 6.2M were causing the error.

I placed the below in a php.ini file and put it in different places, but it didn't seem to help.

When I run phpinfo(), it appears that the changes have taken effect, but the changes are not fixing the problem.

In addition, PHP Information in Joomla also shows the below values.

Any ideas? Are there other settings that must be fixed?
Code:
register_globals = Off upload_max_filesize = 30M post_max_size = 30M memory_limit = 30M upload_tmp_dir = 30M max_execution_time = 180
Last edit: 02 Feb 2011 21:08 by Kamal Abou Mikhael.

More
02 Feb 2011 21:19 #199 by Thomas Hunziker
The only setting that should be relevant is the memory_limit. SermonSpeaker tries to disable this limit with "ini_set('memory_limit','-1')" but it can fail dependant on the system. If it fails it should still work with the original settings.
On my system I have it set to 128M and have had no problems so far.

The other setting which could play a role is max_execution_time, but 180 (3 minutes) should be well enough.

More
02 Feb 2011 21:24 #201 by Kamal Abou Mikhael
Thanks Thomas.

Unfortunately, I'm on shared hosting and I cannot exceed 30M for the memory_limit.

I contacted the hosting company to see what they can do.

We can resort to making sure the files do not exceed the limit I discovered.

Time to create page: 0.180 seconds