Support for SermonSpeaker 3.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 1.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 4.x, which is better anyway.

Problems After Upgrade from 3.4.1 to 3.4.2

More
02 Feb 2011 07:02 #189 by Kamal Abou Mikhael
I upgraded 3.4.1 to 3.4.2 and all seemed OK, but when I clicked on the sermons menu item ( migrate.cbbclebanon.org ) I got the following:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_OBJECT_OPERATOR in /homepages/17/d204582839/htdocs/migrate/components/com_sermonspeaker/views/sermons/tmpl/default.php on line 6

Additionally, the latest sermons module went blank and the sermon archive module only showed the year.

Please not that I have aready tried to save the parameters and it didn't help.

Thanks ahead of time,

Kamal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Feb 2011 07:26 #193 by Thomas Hunziker
Welcome to the boards Kamal!

What version of PHP are you using? If you're still using PHP4, upgrade your installation to PHP5. PHP4 is outdated and support has been canceled. The last release is over 2 years old...
Your problems could well be related to this. SermonSpeaker 3.4.2 uses some commands which are not available in PHP4 and may produce errors.

The archive module has its own parameters, maybe check those as well. It can be set to show years or months ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.288 seconds