Support for SermonSpeaker 3.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 1.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 4.x, which is better anyway.

JW Player 2.0 skins for SermonsSpeaker 3.4.3

More
26 Apr 2012 21:43 #1834 by Johnny Hauser
I found that I can change the player.swf file to re-skin the SermonSpeaker player. I want to be able to use the newer 2.0 skins such as - www.longtailvideo.com/addons/skins

I suppose this is possible with the Joomla 1.6+ versions of SermonSpeaker? I can't upgrade Joomla because of my other extensions. Can I modify 3.4.3 to use the new JW player and skins? I don't know where to begin here.. I'd really appreciate your advice. Thanks for this awesome component, by the way.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Apr 2012 21:58 #1835 by Thomas Hunziker
That's correct, SermonSpeaker 4.x will support this but needs at least Joomla 1.7.3.

You could modify the file /components/com_sermonspeaker/helpers/sermonspeaker.php

For the single audio player it would start on line #138 and look like this:
Code:
<script type='text/javascript'> var so = new SWFObject('<?php echo $player; ?>','player1','250','23','9'); so.addParam('allowfullscreen','true'); so.addParam('allowscriptaccess','always'); so.addParam('wmode','opaque'); so.addVariable('file','<?php echo $lnk; ?>'); so.addVariable('autostart','<?php echo $start[0]; ?>'); <?php echo $duration; echo $callback; ?> so.write('mediaspace<?php echo $count; ?>'); </script>
Adding a line
Code:
so.addVariable('skin','path/to/your/skin.zip');
will probably do the trick.
The configuration of the JW Player is explained here: www.longtailvideo.com/support/jw-player/...onfiguration-options

The SermonSpeaker helper file contains also code for the video mode (line #155) and the playlist mode (line #109)

More
26 Apr 2012 23:06 #1836 by Johnny Hauser

More
27 Apr 2012 00:10 #1838 by Johnny Hauser
Actually, that doesn't seem to be doing it. It still appears as the .swf player.

More
27 Apr 2012 08:16 #1840 by Thomas Hunziker
Without any URL where I could look at your site, I can't tell you what could be wrong :-)

Time to create page: 0.175 seconds