Support for SermonSpeaker 3.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 1.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 4.x, which is better anyway.

Audio is choppy

More
17 Apr 2012 18:47 #1807 by Jason
Replied by Jason on topic Re: Audio is choppy
yeah, I already tried that setting as Yes and No, and neither player played them correctly.

Is it possible for me to re-encode them so they work?

I have changed the settings on the input device and will see if that helps this week.

thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Apr 2012 18:50 #1808 by Andrei Chernyshev
what's probably happening is that your internet connection gets interrupted downloading such a big audio file. so when you're playing the audio and you get interruption, it's probably that your browser did not download that portion of the audio file yet.

More
17 Apr 2012 18:52 #1809 by Jason
But the filesizes of the ones that don't work and similar in size to the ones that do work (which are the ones prior to 3/4/2012).

More
17 Apr 2012 19:02 #1810 by Andrei Chernyshev
hmm interesting when i do direct call to an audio file www.zluth.org/components/com_sermonspeak...n_04_15_2012_177.mp3 in browser it plays and is not choppy.

More
17 Apr 2012 19:19 #1811 by Thomas Hunziker
Replied by Thomas Hunziker on topic Re: Audio is choppy

Jason wrote: yeah, I already tried that setting as Yes and No, and neither player played them correctly.

Is it possible for me to re-encode them so they work?

I have changed the settings on the input device and will see if that helps this week.

thanks!

If it works with both players, we can at least rule out a specific Flash application. That leaves Flash as the culprit imho since it works with direct access. Also since it's working for other users and even for your earlier files, we can probably rule out a generic problem. So it leaves us to an incompatibility between Flash 11 and your chosen mp3 format, whatever it may be exactly.

Re-encoding is possible, especially if the new file is lower in quality than the original one. Just load it into your recording software and save it with the new settings. If your software can't do it, there are free softwares out there which can do the job. You can replace the existing file on the server with the new one. For SermonSpeaker this will not matter as long as the file has the same name.

More
17 Apr 2012 19:19 #1812 by Jason
Precisely :-). As mentioned, I can play the .mp3 file fine on my computer using any .mp3 player, and I can even download it from iTunes to my iPhone and it plays fine.

Time to create page: 0.200 seconds