Support for SermonSpeaker 3.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 1.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 4.x, which is better anyway.

Problem with sermon podcast to itunes

• Efrain Duany
  • Efrain Duany's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
01 Feb 2011 15:10 #165 by Efrain Duany
Problem with sermon podcast to itunes was created by Efrain Duany
I have problem with my sermon podcast to itunes and I don't know what else to do.

I have follow all the instruction provided in your website also in other site and still don't update.

The podcast syndicate, the feed works correctly; I use the ping service ( phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZFinance.wo...Podcast?id=338226172 ) to update the feed faster but the last update that appear in Itunes was on November of last year.
Any thoughts of what could be the problem/

itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/...Podcast?id=338226172

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Feb 2011 15:17 #166 by Andrei Chernyshev
your feed has "var addthis_pub = 'prduany'; var addthis_language = 'es';" in each sermon. that could be reason why.
Attachments:

More
01 Feb 2011 15:24 #167 by Thomas Hunziker
The feed url ( www.ministerioduany.org/es/ ) that appears in the ping utility is wrong for some reason. It looks like the homepage of your site, not the feed itself.

I tried to call the feed url or a sermonspeaker view directly with index.php?option=com_sermonspeaker&view=feed and index.php?option=com_sermonspeaker&view=sermons but your SEF component seems to do some funny things to the URLs. Can you access the feed somehow?

More
01 Feb 2011 15:25 #168 by Thomas Hunziker
Andrei is better than me - I couldn't even access the feed :)

More
01 Feb 2011 15:41 #169 by Thomas Hunziker
The feed itself is valid, even with those funny "var" stuff in it.
So this shouldn't be the source problem, but should be adressed as well (it's probably caused by a system plugin) :)

The problem is indeed the SEF.
www.ministerioduany.org/es/index.php?opt...&view=feed&Itemid=61 or www.ministerioduany.org/es/escuchar-sermones/feed/ is the URL that needs to be in the iTunes Store database. But it points to the homepage www.ministerioduany.org/es/ .

Unfortunately you will have to contact Apple support for this so they can change the link.

More
01 Feb 2011 15:48 #170 by Andrei Chernyshev
feed validator can tell you that feed is valid but iTunes will say otherwise, they are also checking links and content. Learned it the hard way when I've deleted feed logo and could not figure out why it was not updating, was scratching my head for a week. also check all links in the feed to make sure they are pointing to something valid. There is a setting in parameters to disable "Text Length" try setting it to zero, see if those line items will disappear.

Time to create page: 0.192 seconds