Support for SermonSpeaker 3.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 1.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 4.x, which is better anyway.

Single Series page player link issue

More
19 Mar 2012 21:51 - 19 Mar 2012 21:53 #1647 by Johnny Hauser
Here is the page I'm working on:
single series page

I have a google blog setup that the Pastor can use for his message series info. The latest blog entry feeds into a module that I have placed on the "Single Series" menu item. I used the module class suffix to move the blog over beside the picture, as you can see. This system is perfect for us and I like the layout this way. Unfortunately, if you click a sermon to listen to it, the player moves to a new screen, but keeps the blog module. This causes the blog to overlap the menu - a disaster. (Absolute positioning causes it to overlap the player). I would love it if the player could just open up right where it is (leaving the series image and blogpost above), but I'm open to other solutions. Can I modify anything to fix this?
Last edit: 19 Mar 2012 21:53 by Johnny Hauser.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Mar 2012 21:59 #1648 by Thomas Hunziker
You will have to create your own layout for this to work. You can read more about layouting in SermonSpeaker here: www.sermonspeaker.net/documentation/layouting.html .

The thing is that modules are shown based on active menu entries, and since the menu entry doesn't change when you click the sermon link, your module will still show.
Probably the best approach would be to have a series layout which loads your module content in the layout itself.
Thinking about it, maybe it's even possible with the "Modules Anywhere" plugin ( extensions.joomla.org/extensions/core-en...embed-a-include/6402 ) if you put the plugin code into the SermonSpeaker series description. This way you wouldn't have to code anything yourself.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Johnny Hauser

More
19 Mar 2012 22:05 #1649 by Johnny Hauser
Thank you so much! That was a quick response! I'm going to try my hand at coding the layout.

More
19 Mar 2012 23:20 - 20 Mar 2012 01:59 #1650 by Johnny Hauser
Wow this tough. Where do I find the module content that I need to put in here? I'm VERY new with all of this.

UPDATE: I did figure out how to put things in the layout and position them. That isn't so bad. You can see the page where I wrote in the spot I want my module. I just don't know how to get the module's code to put in there...

UPDATE 2: I don't know if this is the right way, but I got it working the way I wanted it to. I found some information on loading a module position in php. I set the blog to it's own module position called "seriesblog"(by typing that in for "position" on the module page) and then used this code:

<div class="seriesblog" style="position: relative; width: 475px; top: -465px; left:420px;" >
<?php
$document = &JFactory::getDocument();
$renderer = $document->loadRenderer('modules');
$options = array('style' => 'xhtml');
$position = 'seriesblog';
echo $renderer->render($position, $options, null);
?>
</div>

I don't know what that document, renderer, etc. stuff means, but it worked!
Last edit: 20 Mar 2012 01:59 by Johnny Hauser.

More
20 Mar 2012 10:10 #1651 by Thomas Hunziker
Welcome to the fun world of Joomla development :-)

$document holds the JDocument object, mostly the extended JDocumentHTML version of it. You then access properties and methods from the document. I use it mainly to add javascript to the page and set a page header, but you obviously can do a lot more with it :-)

Time to create page: 0.178 seconds