Support for SermonSpeaker 3.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 1.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 4.x, which is better anyway.

Alternative player can't handle "," in the title.

• Matthew Rowley
  • Matthew Rowley's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
31 Jan 2011 16:26 #149 by Matthew Rowley
I'm having trouble playing some sermons. Most work. Only the ones with comma in the title don't load when using the "alternative player" (yes) as selected in the options under "parameters". Gives error: "1- File Not Found"

The standard player can handle the commas, but can't handle ' (apostrophes) in the title.

Is there anything I can do to get around this besides taking the comma or apostrophe out of the title?

Thanks for your help! Great tool for our website!

Matt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Jan 2011 17:10 #152 by Andrei Chernyshev
what could be happening is the file name is being cut of at the apostrophe. i.e. if you have a file name "jesus'_love.mp3" it will display file name as "jesus". try and avoid using spaces, apostrophe and any other special characters in file names. for spaces use underscore. i noticed this is happening with my brother's churches site, he has those apostrophes all over the place.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Matthew Rowley

More
31 Jan 2011 17:28 #153 by Thomas Hunziker
Andrei is right. This is some general "rule of thumb" to follow everywhere in the internet. You should avoid using any special characters in a filename for various reasons.
Not the least is that the filename will be used on various computer systems and you don't know it the client will support those characters.
The apostrophe and comma in this case is also used as a separator and delimiter in PHP and Javascript and probably causes issues here.

Apostrophes and commas in the title however should work. If it doesn't please tell me which release of SermonSpeaker you use, so I may have a closer look.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Matthew Rowley

• Matthew Rowley
  • Matthew Rowley's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
31 Jan 2011 17:56 #155 by Matthew Rowley
Replied by Matthew Rowley on topic Re: Alternative player can't handle "," in the title.
Thank you! We are going back through and removing commas and apostrophes in the file name. It appears to be working just fine!

Matt

Time to create page: 0.165 seconds