Support for SermonSpeaker 3.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 1.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 4.x, which is better anyway.

Character formatting issue with Sermoncast

More
07 Feb 2012 23:40 #1455 by David Harrison
Greetings,

I have a weird issue involving the Sermoncast feature where special characters like the apostrophe create formatting issues such as We Are All Abraham's Children, and Shepherds of God’s Flock. I currently have utf-8 set up as the character formatting, but I've also tried ISO-8859-1 that had similar results.

I use the Joomla Bible Study module for Sunday School lessons, and I use their podcast feature for the Sunday School feed, but don't have any of these issues. Is there another character formatting option that I can use. I run all my feeds through feedburner, and iTunes uses the feed from feedburner.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Feb 2012 23:54 #1456 by Thomas Hunziker
The feed view from SermonSpeaker (SermonCast) should force all output to utf-8 using php functions. The database should best set up as utf-8 as well and also the webserver should deliver the pages as utf-8.
This works best for most languages as far as I know and it seems to be standard nowadays.

I'm not sure why your feed is doing this. Can you maybe give me an URL of your site and which version of Joomla and SermonSpeaker you're using?

More
07 Feb 2012 23:57 #1457 by David Harrison
Sure. I'm using Joomla 1.5.23, and the SermonSpeaker version is 3.2.2.

Our website is www.cpcpca.org

More
08 Feb 2012 00:06 #1458 by Thomas Hunziker
I would say most likely it's a bug in 3.2.2 then. Between this and SermonSpeaker 3.4.3 (or even 4.3) I rewrote the feed view from scratch, eliminating a lot of bugs it had.

I would suggest you upgrade to 3.4.3. The latest releases for Joomla 1.5 can be found here: www.sermonspeaker.net/download/category/...ermonspeaker-3x.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Harrison

More
10 Feb 2012 19:25 #1474 by David Harrison
Thanks a bunch!

Got around to working on it today, and I upgraded everything. Now the text formatting is correct for the podcast feed. :)

More
10 Feb 2012 22:12 #1475 by David Harrison
In the upgrade, I noticed a couple of issues howbeit minor cosmetic stuff that I need to fix.

First off for the sermon page layout, I definitely like the, "Extended New Line," option but would like to remove the columns, "The Sermon Series," (Our church isn't seperating the sermons into series since our pastor will spend several months going through a different book of the bible.), and, "Hits," (Don't really want site visitor to see this info). Change the column views to No doesn't seem to work.

Secondly though the sermoncast is correctly formatting the titles, I only seemed limited to have up to 10 episodes posting. Can I change this to add more?

Time to create page: 0.203 seconds