Support for SermonSpeaker 3.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 1.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 4.x, which is better anyway.

Problem After upgrading with front layout

• Efrain Duany
  • Efrain Duany's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
30 Jan 2011 15:00 #145 by Efrain Duany
Problem After upgrading with front layout was created by Efrain Duany
First, I really appreciate everything you are doing with this component. It has been a powerful tool in my ministry.

For some reason after I upgraded to 3.4.2, everything when well... I save the paramethers. In the back end I see no problem at all. However, in the front end the table is not showing correctly. I had to reduce the table columns, looking for a better look. Also, the name of the component or series shows not correctly. Please take a look to my website and help me. May God bless your ministry.

www.ministerioduany.org/es/escuchar-sermones/

Pr. Duany

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Jan 2011 15:25 - 30 Jan 2011 15:26 #146 by Thomas Hunziker
It looks like an outdated language file. Not sure if this is spanish or portuguese, but I believe both languages were translated for an earlier release and may be not complete for SermonSpeaker 3.4.2 (or 3.4.3).
All this strings starting with "COM_SERMONSPEAKER_" tell you that this string is missing in the current language and Joomla doesn't know how to translate.

So the best way is to update the language file to the current release. This is actually quite easy. In your /language folder there is a folder for each of your installed languages. For spanish this would be a folder named es-ES. In this folder there is a file named es-ES.com_sermonspeaker.ini which holds all the strings for the SermonSpeaker frontend. If you now compare this file with the one found for the english language (/language/en-GB/en-GB.com_sermonspeaker.ini) then you'll see the missing/wrong translations and can add/correct them.
If you do this work, please share your translation with us ;)

I wrote a short FAQ earlier about translations: www.sermonspeaker.net/faq/4-how-do-i-cha...enter-word-here.html
Last edit: 30 Jan 2011 15:26 by .

• Efrain Duany
  • Efrain Duany's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
01 Feb 2011 04:15 #159 by Efrain Duany
Replied by Efrain Duany on topic Re: Problem After upgrading with front layout
Thanks I did a translation and it is working fine now.

More
01 Feb 2011 07:00 #161 by Thomas Hunziker
Are you willing to share this translation?
Then please add the file(s) to a zip and attach them here or send it to me (bakual@bakual.ch)

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds