Support for SermonSpeaker 3.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 1.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 4.x, which is better anyway.

Warning! - Failed to move file

• Jon
  • Jon's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
22 Jan 2012 21:19 #1421 by Jon
Warning! - Failed to move file was created by Jon
Hello,

I am having trouble uploading a sermon on the front end. When I do, the with the front end uploader. When I do, I get the error:
JFTP::store: Bad response
Warning! - Failed to move file.

I searched this forum and found another thread about this error message, but that user was trying to place the sermon folder outside of the joomla directory. My Path to Sermons is set to "images", which I believe is the default. I have been using SermonSpeaker for over a year - this was working at one point, and I'm not sure when it broke. Any thoughts on what else could cause this error message and how to fix it? I noticed that the "Destination Directory" parameter is blank. Might this have something to do with it? Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Regards,
Jon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jan 2012 21:32 #1423 by Thomas Hunziker
The destination directory would be a subdirectory of the regular sermon directory. If this is blank, it will go to the regular directory. So blank should work.

The error message itself isn't generated by SermonSpeaker, it comes from Joomla itself. It means something is maybe wrong with your FTP settings. You can try to turn FTP off in your global Joomla settings and see if it works then. Also the directory has to be writable by the webserver.

You can also check if other uploads work, like installing a new module or uploading a file in the Joomla media manager. They all use the same Joomla function.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jon

• Jon
  • Jon's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
22 Jan 2012 22:56 #1425 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re: Warning! - Failed to move file
Disabling FTP did the trick. It looks like my ISP made some changes recently. Before, I couldn't install modules unless FTP was enabled. Now, I can't do anything unless FTP is disabled. The weird thing is that the joomla control panel shows all of the directories as writable either way.

Thanks!!

Jon

More
23 Jan 2012 08:20 #1428 by Thomas Hunziker
The FTP mode is basically a workaround in case you have a lazy hoster. It works around the problem when your webserver runs on another user than your ftp user.
If your hoster fixed that, it sure is an improvement for you and you can forget that whole FTP mode. Makes life a lot easier. :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jon

Time to create page: 0.175 seconds