Support for SermonSpeaker 3.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 1.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 4.x, which is better anyway.

Date Format

More
29 Jan 2011 05:07 - 29 Jan 2011 05:10 #142 by Ruben Ryapolov
Date Format was created by Ruben Ryapolov
On this page:
Click here to view...

The date format is %Y-%m-%d, But I want it to be: %b %d, %Y

How do I do that? I've looked through joomla's code and cant find it!

But, In the sermonspeaker params the date format is set to %b %d, %Y and it works... kind of... it only changed the date format for the detail page not the list page...
Last edit: 29 Jan 2011 05:10 by Ruben Ryapolov.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jan 2011 08:09 - 29 Jan 2011 08:17 #144 by Thomas Hunziker
Replied by Thomas Hunziker on topic Re: Date Format
The date is always done by the Joomla function JHTML::Date($date, $format, $timezone) . The $format is taken directly from the parameters and parsed by the language function: JText::_($this->params->get('date_format')).

This means that the date format is dependand on your language settings. If you have different languages for front- and backend, this can cause issues. Or if the language is the same, the language files can still be different. Check the following entries of your global Joomla language files (example is en-GB). They should be the same for your frontend file (eg language/en-GB/en-GB.ini) and backend file (eg administrator/language/en-GB/en-GB.ini):
Code:
# Date format DATE_FORMAT_LC=%A, %d %B %Y DATE_FORMAT_LC1=%A, %d %B %Y DATE_FORMAT_LC2=%A, %d %B %Y %H:%M DATE_FORMAT_LC3=%d %B %Y DATE_FORMAT_LC4=%d.%m.%y DATE_FORMAT_JS1=y-m-d %Y-%M-%D=%Y-%m-%d %A, %B %E=%A, %B %e
The offered choises are all except "DATE_FORMAT_JS1"

If they are the same, then you could have set a different format in the menu entry under "Parameters (Component)". Make sure the correct one (or "use global") is selected there.

That's about it. Except if there is a system plugin or template function doing something weird.

Also, the icon layout does not make use of the dateformat selector. It has a fixed dateformat "DATE_FORMAT_LC1".
Last edit: 29 Jan 2011 08:17 by .

More
31 Jan 2011 03:35 #147 by Ruben Ryapolov
Replied by Ruben Ryapolov on topic Re: Date Format
Checked:
Both en-gb files and they are the same.
Component (Parameters) is set to global.
No language plugins are installed.
This same date issue is happening on a second site so it can't be the template.

)*&(%^^IJBCHIDSGVF*YT)^SWHD@BY*FCX*@#Y!@JC(&#T%^@FG*)@^#F Now what? :angry:

More
31 Jan 2011 07:09 #148 by Thomas Hunziker
Don't know. Since I can't reproduce this behaviour on my site, I can't really help you.

Maybe you can try with JDump ( joomlacode.org/gf/project/jdump/ ) to dump different variables and see where something is going wrong?

Or maybe you just removed the whole JHTML::Date() and JText::_() stuff around the date when you moved the table cells around? If you echo the date directly without going through JHTML::Date(), then this would explain it as well. I can't tell without having the source code ;)

More
02 Feb 2011 21:04 - 02 Feb 2011 21:04 #197 by Ruben Ryapolov
Replied by Ruben Ryapolov on topic Re: Date Format
Which files do you need to see?
I can give you temporary access?
Last edit: 02 Feb 2011 21:04 by Ruben Ryapolov.

More
02 Feb 2011 21:22 #200 by Thomas Hunziker
If you want to give me an access I may have a look at it directly. But I would need access to the file system (either with Joomla Backend -> NinjaXplorer or something similar or with FTP).

The file I'm wondering is mainly the layout file fo your "videos" view. Most likely /components/com_sermonspeaker/views/videos/tmpl/default.php

Time to create page: 0.186 seconds