Support for SermonSpeaker 3.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 1.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 4.x, which is better anyway.

mod_sermoncast date issue

More
18 Jan 2012 19:31 - 18 Jan 2012 19:33 #1401 by Richard
I have joomla setup to alow searches to sermons. When I see the search result, there is a date in the text - the date of the day before the sermon date. It also shows up in the RSS feed.

Shouldn't this date be the sermon date?

Do a search or check the RSS Feed to see this. The dates of the sermons are always on Sunday. :dry:

gracechapelelpaso.org

I love sermonspeaker and have been using it since august of '09 on this site.
Richard
Last edit: 18 Jan 2012 19:33 by Richard.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jan 2012 19:50 #1402 by Thomas Hunziker
It's basically a bug in SermonSpeaker 3.4.x. SermonSpeaker 3.4.x only stores the date of a sermon, not the time. The displayed date is then parsed by Joomla and the timezone settings are applied.
This can result in a negative time difference in some settings which then result in Joomla showing a day before (because it calculates the time to 23:00 from the previous day).

You can try with your Joomla timezone settings (both user and server) to see if you can solve it without causing other issues.

SermonSpeaker 4.x no longer has this issue as it now stores date and time of a sermon.

More
18 Jan 2012 20:11 - 18 Jan 2012 20:28 #1403 by Richard
I have had some improvement with that. Joomla cache is off.

I changed the server time zone from -7 to +7 and my search results are now correct. RSS dates not fixed though.

I am also keeping an eye out to see the effects of the TZ setting on the jEvents. "latest events" module on the front page. It bases its results on midnight. There is a setting to make it display results on "time now." I'll let you know how it goes over the next few days.

Thanks,
Richard
Last edit: 18 Jan 2012 20:28 by Richard. Reason: Editing for clarity

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds