Support for SermonSpeaker 3.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 1.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 4.x, which is better anyway.

Joomla Newbie Question - Articles & SermonSpeaker

More
28 Jan 2011 16:47 #136 by Rui Domingues
Hi there,

I'm a Joomla novice and have just set up my church's website using Joomla. The SermonSpeaker is fantastic and has really helped make the site relevant to many people.

But, I've been asked by my pastor to put an intro piece on the page where the list of all sermons appears. As a Joomla novice, I can't see how to include an article and the component in the content section of the same page (menu item). Can this be done? I'm sure it can, but I can't find how to do this easily. Is there a way to do it without having to bring in an article?

Help?!

Rui

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Jan 2011 18:34 #137 by Thomas Hunziker
Actually this isn't possible. The content section can only be used by one component at a time.

But depending on the template you use, you could create a module with custom html and show this in a module position above the content section of your page. Assign this module to a specific menu entry and it will only show if needed.
This is how I do the info text above the sermon listing on the demo page here.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds