Support for SermonSpeaker 3.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 1.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 4.x, which is better anyway.

iTunes podcast not updating

More
05 Jan 2012 18:18 - 05 Jan 2012 18:19 #1336 by Scott
My iTunes Podcast is not updating. I validated the feed using the W3C Feed Validator. I have verified that iTunes has the right URL but it is not working.

Here is the e-mail that I received from Apple when I setup the podcast.

Dear Podcast Owner

Your podcast, located at www.dbbc.org/index.php?option=com_sermonspeaker&view=feed , has been approved. You should expect to see it on the iTunes Store within the next few hours. When it's available, you will be able to access it with the URL below.

itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/dallas-bay-b...t-church/id472301714
Last edit: 05 Jan 2012 18:19 by Scott.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jan 2012 18:39 #1338 by Thomas Hunziker
It's working in iTunes, so the feed itself is setup ok.

However I see some funny dates for the sermons, maybe you check those and make sure they're correct. Maybe Apple doesn't show 40 year old episodes on their site :-)

More
05 Jan 2012 19:05 #1341 by Scott
O.K. I changed the dates. I still don't see the files listed in the feed. However, I can add the feed using the Advanced >> Subscribe to Feed link in iTunes.

However when I search for Dallas Bay in iTunes I see my old podcast and the new Podcast. When I click on the new podcast I don't see any files listed. Does it take some time for these files to appear in an iTunes Podcast search?

I setup the feed sometime ago but just added these files today. Sorry if that is a really newbie question. But this is all new to me.

More
05 Jan 2012 19:44 #1342 by Thomas Hunziker
This page: itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/dallas-bay-b...t-church/id472301714 takes some time to update (I would say around 24 hrs). The iTunes Store in iTunes itself is actually the same page.
If you subscribe to the feed, you should however get the podcast updated instantely, which works for me.

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds