Support for SermonSpeaker 3.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 1.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 4.x, which is better anyway.

Flashplayer needs Javascript turned on

More
21 Aug 2013 20:47 #3804 by Thomas Hunziker
A module would be easy to downgrade. Just uninstall it and install the older one again. There is no risk of loosing data since all data is handled by the component itself.
You only loose the settings in the module, but those are only a few parameters.

Downgrading a component however is not recommended at all. You will get problems with the database then.

Also as a note: SermonSpeaker doesn't show the exact version number in the help section. It only shows 4.5, even if 4.5.5 is installed. The exact number can be seen in the Extension Manager. In your case it's currently version 4.4.3.

By the way: I have no clue why the module caused this error. It looks like a file (the helper.php) didn't get copied by Joomla but I don't know why.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Aug 2013 21:04 #3806 by James Cooper
Can you send me the file and I can ftp it to the appropriate location?

If not, I'm going to disable the magic quotes and attempt to install 4.5.5. What do you think?

More
21 Aug 2013 21:36 #3807 by Thomas Hunziker
You can download the zipfile here: www.sermonspeaker.net/download/module-latest-sermons.html . The file is included in the archive.
You can also try to just install it again over the existing one. Joomla should copy all the files.

Disabling Magic Quotes and installing 4.5.5 is for sure the best approach. Magic Quotes should be turned off nowadays anyway. It's bad habit that it still is enabled on some servers ;)

More
21 Aug 2013 22:14 - 21 Aug 2013 22:22 #3809 by James Cooper

Thomas Hunziker wrote: You can download the zipfile here: www.sermonspeaker.net/download/module-latest-sermons.html . The file is included in the archive.
You can also try to just install it again over the existing one. Joomla should copy all the files.

Disabling Magic Quotes and installing 4.5.5 is for sure the best approach. Magic Quotes should be turned off nowadays anyway. It's bad habit that it still is enabled on some servers ;)

I restored a backup from last week on my local PC and tried upgrading to 4.5.5 through the Joomla administration side. When I click update I get an error:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in K:\wamp\www\BackupSite\libraries\joomla\installer\helper.php on line 83

If I download the package myself and try to install it through the administration side I receive the same error.

I have a screenshot of the attached file I could send you if you provide me an email address.
Last edit: 21 Aug 2013 22:22 by James Cooper.

More
21 Aug 2013 22:45 #3810 by Thomas Hunziker
bakual@bakual.ch
I can have a look tomorrow..

More
22 Aug 2013 08:27 #3812 by Thomas Hunziker
The SermonSpeaker component is about 2.5MB in size. Maybe your PHP settings don't allow to process zipfiles this big. Often post_max_size and upload limits are set to 2M and thus it will fail.

The error itself comes from when Joomla tries to read the downloaded file. There is no way this could possibly take over 30 seconds under normal conditions. Something must be wrong with your server setting or internet connectivity.

Did you try to install the SermonSpeaker Package (which contains component, modules and plugins) or the SermonSpeaker component and module as single zips?

Time to create page: 0.321 seconds