Support for SermonSpeaker 3.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 1.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 4.x, which is better anyway.

SermonSpeaker detail Page

More
27 Jan 2011 05:53 #126 by Ruben Ryapolov
I'm trying to edit my sermonspeaker detail page but I cant! I have the scripture refeerence on my list page but it's not formatted correctly on my detail page... So how can I edit where the scripture reference stands?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Jan 2011 07:26 #128 by Thomas Hunziker
The file is located in /components/com_sermonspeaker/views/sermon/tmpl/ and is named after the layout you choose (extnewline.php, icons.php, ...)

The layout file is html to a big degree and has php tags in it to echo the data.

More
28 Jan 2011 05:57 - 28 Jan 2011 06:25 #134 by Ruben Ryapolov
Thanks!

Wow I never knew there was layouts! Awesome! :cheer:
But how do I set a specific layout for a specific view?
I want the scripture reference to show on the sermons but not on the videos...
What I want to do is show the scripture reference on the list page but not on the detail page...
Last edit: 28 Jan 2011 06:25 by Ruben Ryapolov.

More
28 Jan 2011 07:09 - 28 Jan 2011 07:10 #135 by Thomas Hunziker
There is a layoutfile for each view, this is one good aspect of the Joomla MVC system ;)
So showing it in the list, but not in the detailpage would be easy. Just delete it in the layout file for the sermon view (/components/com_sermonspeaker/views/sermon/tmpl/xy.php) but leave it there in the layoutfile for the sermons listing (/components/com_sermonspeaker/views/sermons/tmpl/default.php)

However since we use the same layoutfile for an audiofile and a videofile, you would have to implement a mechanic into the layoutfile to check on the extension of the file. It's not something done easy.

It will become easier with SermonSpeaker 4.1. It will introduce a new database field for videofiles. This makes it possible to have both an audio and a video for a sermon and switch between. And maybe let the layout act differently for it. We'll see :)

Btw, it should also be possible to override the layouts with the templates. Joomla should support this, but don't ask me how exactly this works :D
Last edit: 28 Jan 2011 07:10 by .

More
28 Jan 2011 19:58 - 28 Jan 2011 20:37 #138 by Ruben Ryapolov
So I cant do it right now... Is what your saying right?

I already made a new template? Now how to I make it 'active' for just the video view?
Or is that what your talking about, that you dont know how to do?

So have a look here: Click here to go to link

I changed:
<?php }
if ($this->params->get('client_col_player')){ ?>
<div class="ss-sermondetail-label"></div>
<div class="ss-sermondetail-text ss-sermon-player">
<?php $ret = SermonspeakerHelperSermonspeaker::insertPlayer($this->lnk, $this->row->sermon_time, 1, $this->row->sermon_title, $this->speaker->name); ?>
</div>

To this:
<?php }
if ($this->params->get('client_col_player')){ ?>
<?php $ret = SermonspeakerHelperSermonspeaker::insertPlayer($this->lnk, $this->row->sermon_time, 1, $this->row->sermon_title, $this->speaker->name); ?>
</div>

And that's what happened... How can I keep it like that without moving the quick links?
Last edit: 28 Jan 2011 20:37 by Ruben Ryapolov.

More
28 Jan 2011 20:46 #139 by Thomas Hunziker
It's easy to have the scripture reference show on a listing, but not on the detail view.

It's not as easy to have it show for audio but not for videos.

Both is possible, the latter just needs more logic while the first one is a simple delete of lines ;)

The logic you would need should look like this:
Code:
<?php // Get extension of file jimport('joomla.filesystem.file'); $ext = JFile::getExt($this->row->sermon_path); $audio_ext = array('aac', 'm4a', 'mp3'); if(in_array($ext, $audio_ext)) { ?> <?-- Output for Audiofile goes here --> <?php } else { ?> <?-- Output for Videofile goes here --> <?php } ?>
This will take the extension of the file and compare it to the list of audio extensions. The whole thing needs to be placed into the layoutfile, obviously around the scripture stuff (since you want to hide this).

Time to create page: 0.182 seconds