Support for SermonSpeaker 3.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 1.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 4.x, which is better anyway.

want to avoid different views

More
06 Nov 2011 01:00 #1160 by Julio Garcia
Hi, I have been struggling with this:

I have the following 2 links, I want to always have the first view:

I can get this view by clicking in latest sermons.

1st view ( I want always to see this way ) (please remove the spaces before and after y )

http://integridad y sabiduria.org/index.php/component/sermonspeaker/sermon/10685-quien-nos-movera-primera-parte

2nd view, I can get this view by selecting a sermon from a list of sermons. (please remove the spaces before and after y )

http://integridad y sabiduria.org/index.php/listadosermones/sermon/10681-maravillados-por-su-autoridad

I have trouble with this view because when I click the "listen sermon" (escuchar sermon) it open a new small window that is not good cause not everybody open it complete to listen, its confusing. I rather have the player in the same window. I dont know how to avoid that.

I have made changes to the code to get the 1st view using the aditional file as a video link.

You can see it here: (please remove the spaces before and after y )
http://integridad y sabiduria.org/index.php/component/sermonspeaker/sermon/10683-ique-dare-al-senor-por-todos-sus-beneficios-para-conmigo

I dont know if there is a way to do this different than I did using sermonspeaker.
We want to have both, the video and the audio using sermonspeaker.

I will apreciate any help.

Thanks in advance,

Julio.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Nov 2011 09:09 #1161 by Thomas Hunziker
The button in your 2nd view is a popup player button. But the layout should also support a player in it, so you don't have to use the button at all.
Showing an audio and a video file on the same page is not possible with SermonSpeaker 3.x. Except with the way you do it on your third link.
SermonSpeaker 4.x has the ability to store two sermon files for the same sermon, one audio and one video. The user can then toggle between those two files. But SermonSpeaker 4.x needs at least Joomla 1.6

Also please note if you're using the alternative PixelOut player: This one only supports mp3 files, no video.

More
06 Nov 2011 16:31 #1162 by Julio Garcia
Thanks Thomas for your promptly response, I appreciate it!

The problem is that I don't know what php file I have to modify to insert the player instead of having a button to "Escuchar Sermon"

I have play around to try to make both links to look the same but I still don't understand why both links send me to a different view of the sermon to play it...

We are considering to move to Joomla 1.6, still need to check with staff what is the reason for us to stay in 1.5

Thanks,

Julio.

More
06 Nov 2011 19:54 #1163 by Thomas Hunziker
One difference between the links is that the first one is built without an "itemid", meaning there is no menu entry associated with the link.
If you're using the "Latest Sermons" module, you should check the settings of the module and select the menu entry "Sermones" there.
This will make the link look better (no "component/sermonspeaker/") and it will apply the settings from the menu entry.

And this is probably the reason you have different views. The first link takes the settings from the global SermonSpeaker parameters set in the SermonSpeaker backend -> Parameters (top right button). The second link takes the settings from the menu entry, which can overwrite the global settings.

Time to create page: 0.167 seconds