Support for SermonSpeaker 3.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 1.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 4.x, which is better anyway.

How many sermons can sermonspeaker 3 handle?

• steve
  • steve's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
02 Nov 2011 21:51 #1152 by steve
Hi,

I have a large collection of about 170 sermons in sermonspeaker 3.
When I go to add or edit a sermon through the backend it takes about 30 seconds to get a response.

The server is very performant, I just wondered if sermonspeaker had any natural limits?

Thanks

Steve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Nov 2011 23:10 - 02 Nov 2011 23:12 #1154 by Thomas Hunziker
That's strange. SermonSpeaker doesn't have any limits by itself. Also 170 sermons shouldn't be an issue for the database. 30 seconds sounds more like the script times out somewhere. Maybe if you enable the PHP error reporting you get some notices.

The thing that probably takes the most time is the populating of the drop down lists for the files as it searches the whole directory and subdirectories. This may take some time for 170 files, but 30 seconds still is a bit much I guess.

You could change the sermon path setting in the backend to an empty folder and see if that changes anything. It doesn't change anything in existing sermons, it will just change the base directory for the lists.
Last edit: 02 Nov 2011 23:12 by Thomas Hunziker.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.285 seconds