Support for SermonSpeaker 3.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 1.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 4.x, which is better anyway.

Restrict Sermon Archive by Category

More
19 Sep 2011 16:50 #1070 by Bob Neely
Hello,
Is there a way to restrict the sermons listed in the Sermon Archive module by Category in the same way we can restrict sermons listed in the Latest Sermons module?

We are currently using Sermon Speaker to provide access to our Sunday Sermons (which everyone loves). Our Men's Ministry has speakers at its Men's Breakfast events and they would now like to have those speakers made available on line but they would like them shown in a different area of the website (the Men's Ministry). The category feature seemed like the ticket but I haven't been able to find a way to filter sermons out of the Sermon Archive module.

Thanks for any advice you can offer.
Bob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Sep 2011 18:51 #1071 by Thomas Hunziker
It should work if you link the module to a menu item which has the category filters set. This menu item doesn't have to be visible, just published. That means it can be in a dummy menu which isn't published anywhere.

However I should add this category filters also to the module. Shouldn't be that hard to do :-)

More
19 Sep 2011 19:21 #1072 by Bob Neely
Fantastic. I knew you'd have a way!!! Works great using the menu item. Your component has really opened up the doors for more people to hear the messages, especially those who are shut in and can only do so via the web.

Thanks again for your work on this!

More
19 Sep 2011 19:42 #1073 by Thomas Hunziker
Great :-)

I will probably still add the category filters to the module :-)

Time to create page: 0.300 seconds