Support for SermonSpeaker 3.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 1.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 4.x, which is better anyway.

Error in sermoncast feed

• Jon
  • Jon's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
09 Sep 2011 15:20 - 09 Sep 2011 15:22 #1030 by Jon
Error in sermoncast feed was created by Jon
Hello,

I am trying to get SermonCast working, but I seem to be having a problem. I can see the module just fine, but when I click on the feed link, I get the error message "This feed contains code errors". When I click on "More Information" it says:
Code:
Only one top level element is allowed in an XML document. Line: 2 Character: 2 <b>Warning</b>: htmlspecialchars() expects at most 3 parameters, 4 given in <b>/home/0/9/f/19777/19777/public_html/components/com_sermonspeaker/views/feed/view.raw.php</b> on line <b>188</b> <br />

Any idea what I can do to fix this?

Jon
Last edit: 09 Sep 2011 15:22 by Jon. Reason: Clean up code appearance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Sep 2011 16:11 #1032 by Thomas Hunziker
That's why

PHP 5.x is highly recommended.

is written in the Download section for SermonSpeaker 3.4.3.

You're using an outdated version of PHP. In this case PHP 5.2.3 would solve this issue.
But then you also could just disable PHP warnings, you should do that anyway for productive servers. A warning is just that, a warning. It doesn't break anything if you ignore it. In this case however the warning message itself breaks the feed :-)

The PHP warnings can be disabled in the global Joomla parameters, there is a setting named "Error Reporting" or similar.

• Jon
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
09 Sep 2011 19:05 #1033 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re: Error in sermoncast feed
I am running PHP 5.1.4. Unfortunately, I do not have control of the PHP version that my hosting provider uses.

I disabled the error reporting in Joomla, but all that does is make the error message more vague. The error still appears, but now it says "Some content or files on this webpage require a program that you don't have installed."

More
09 Sep 2011 19:43 #1036 by Thomas Hunziker
That's a funny error message :-)

In this case you could either ask you hoster nicely to upgrade his PHP version. This is recommended since you will need it anyway if you want to run Joomla 1.6 and higher, Joomla 1.5 will reach end of life next year.
Or you could try to edit the function in question and remove the 4th parameter.
The error message you posted tells you the exact file and line. Then just take out this part: ", FALSE" (which is the 4th parameter).

• Jon
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
09 Sep 2011 22:33 #1037 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re: Error in sermoncast feed
I have asked, several times since 1.6 came out, and I always get the same answer. They claim they will be upgrading soon, but they have been saying that for a long time. I suppose I can't complain too much, the price is right (free). We are a small church of limited means so free components like this mean the difference between us having a web PAGE and having a web SITE. Thanks!!

I will try the hack that you recommended, but late at night in case I break something. :-) Thanks again!!

Jon

More
09 Sep 2011 23:08 #1038 by Thomas Hunziker
Aye, I wouldn't complain to much as well when it's free :-)

Time to create page: 0.175 seconds