Support for SermonSpeaker 3.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 1.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 4.x, which is better anyway.

Sermoncast 3.4.3

More
21 Jan 2011 22:29 #100 by Andrei Chernyshev
I've just updated to 3.4.3 and noticed that sermoncast stopped working on all of them.
www.missionarychurchofgrace.org/j/index.php ?
option=com_sermonspeaker&view=feed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jan 2011 07:37 #103 by Thomas Hunziker
Ah I see, can you try disabling the ScriptureLinks plugin to see if it solves the issue?

The biggest change in the feed is that it's now processing the content plugins, to have the plugin tags filtered out.
But it seems that ScriptureLinks produces some Javascript which of course breaks the feed.
So I have to see how it does this exactly.

More
22 Jan 2011 08:12 - 22 Jan 2011 08:13 #106 by Andrei Chernyshev
That seems to solve it. Is there a way to fix it, though,
Last edit: 22 Jan 2011 08:13 by Andrei Chernyshev.

More
22 Jan 2011 09:12 #108 by Thomas Hunziker
I will look into this.

More
22 Jan 2011 10:57 - 22 Jan 2011 10:59 #110 by Thomas Hunziker
The problem is the function "Use Grey Box effect on opening bible links" in the ScriptureLinks plugin.

It's basically bad programming in the plugin: It directly outputs the javascript commands instead of giving them back as a result of the function. It also includes the javascript everytime it gets processed, which is a bit stupid. Joomla would actually offer ways of including the script in the header of the page.

Since the plugin directly outputs this stuff, SermonSpeaker fails to delete the tags afterwards.

So the easy fix is to disable the greybox effect in the plugin.

The only thing I could do is to make a new option where you can set if SermonSpeaker should activate the content plugins or not. If disabled, this would leave the plugin tags ({bible}{/bible}) in the feed, but let's you use the grey box everywhere else on your page.
Last edit: 22 Jan 2011 10:59 by .

• Ermias Yosef
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
05 Feb 2011 01:18 #232 by Ermias Yosef
Replied by Ermias Yosef on topic Re: Sermoncast 3.4.3
Hi

I am having the same problem with the feed ( www.elimworthing.com/index.php?option=co...view=feed&Itemid=121 ) it keeps opening the index.php file instead of displaying the feed list please help because of these problem the the podcast also not working on itunes

also I don't have ScriptureLinks plugin installed.

Time to create page: 0.186 seconds