Download support for remote hosted files

More
27 Apr 2022 07:54 #7898 by Brendan
I thought this was working in 5.x but I could be wrong.  I use archive.org to host our audio files, its free and works great for this purpose, it may work for video too, but I've not tested that.
In any case if I click download form a series list it comes up preparing download but never gets past 0% and in single sermon view it throws me to a blank view with "Please install and activate Astroid Framework in order to use this template." which is used by my theme.

Yeh, so not critical stuff but thought I'd throw it out there.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Apr 2022 20:59 #7902 by Thomas Hunziker
The series download most likely can't work as SermonSpeaker would have to be able to directly read and write files on archive.org.
The single sermon however should work imho, as it should just create a regular link to the file then.
Do you have an URL of the page where it doesn't work?

More
28 Apr 2022 04:01 #7905 by Brendan
Okay, for series to work it would need to download them all to the server, zip then present them, but could provide a single download link per audio in the series.

Single sermon is where I'm running into the astroid framework issue, so maybe I need to work out what's going on there first.
httn.net/audio-teachings/sermon/55-what-...-the-kingdom-to-come

More
28 Apr 2022 09:48 #7906 by Thomas Hunziker
I've just released SermonSpeaker 6.0.4. It may fix your issue with the download link in the single sermon page.

More
28 Apr 2022 17:01 #7908 by Brendan
Thanks Thomas, the new version did fix my download too :)

More
28 Apr 2022 19:59 #7909 by Thomas Hunziker

Time to create page: 0.297 seconds