Adding Custom "Scripture" References

More
12 Feb 2013 21:31 #3066 by Manuel Kuhs
Hi Mr Hunziker,

Many conservative Reformed churches (like mine) as well as conservative Presbyterian churches preach sermons "based" on the Heidelberg Catechism and Westminster Larger/Shorter Catechism, respectively. I guess currently you could account for this using tags - e.g. all sermons on Heidelberg Catechism Lord's Day 1 would have that as a tag. Though displaying that to the user as a selection would still require manually making a page listing all these tags.

So would it be possible to add an option to add further categories and items in those categories available on the drop-down Scripture selection?

Regards,
Manuel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Feb 2013 21:55 #3068 by Thomas Hunziker
I see the need for this, but don't see an easy solution yet. The problem is that the bible books are basically only language strings. In the database they're referred as simple numbers.
This makes it very fast and easy to filter and sort, but it's harder to extend it.

The easiest way would probably be to just add some additional custom books which can be named using the language overrides. Something like Custom Book 1, Custom Book 2, ...
How many books would you need? :-)

The other approach would be like it's done in Preach It and Bible Study where the books are defined in the database, but the user has to translate them manually (default is english) and it's not possible to switch the translation on a multilanguage site.
Personally I like it better the way I did it in SermonSpeaker B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manuel Kuhs

More
12 Feb 2013 22:00 #3069 by Manuel Kuhs
Language over-rides sounds just within my expertise, lol ;) Yeah that would be great!

Let's see, I would need 52 custom "books" for the 52 Lord's Days in the Heidelberg Catechism.

Could I categorise them underneath "Heidelberg Catechism" like it's currently done for Old Testament, New Testament, and Apocrypha? That would just be sweet!

More
13 Feb 2013 08:08 #3074 by Thomas Hunziker
Added it to the Consolidated Feature Requests list so it doesn't get lost.

Time to create page: 0.318 seconds