different video option

More
12 May 2012 14:57 #1936 by Jason Adams
would it be possible to make links for viewing video on the list as opposed to switching between audio and video on the player. for my site i would rather offer videos to play in a pop-up .

also on the sermon detail it would be nice to have separate video player options.

if it's too difficult due to coding i understand. i like ss better than joomla bible study but i like the way bible study separates audio & video

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 May 2012 23:58 - 12 May 2012 23:59 #1937 by Thomas Hunziker
Hi Jason

I'm not that familiar with bible study and how they separate audio and video. Maybe you can explain it a bit more in detail.

In SermonSpeaker you could always edit (or override) the popup layout and make it always play the video instead of the file set in the priority parameter. Just add the config array to the creation of the player object and set the 'type' to 'video'. So in the file

components/com_sermonspeaker/views/sermon/tmpl/popup.php

change line #3 from
Code:
$player = new SermonspeakerHelperPlayer($this->item);
to
Code:
$player = new SermonspeakerHelperPlayer($this->item, array('type' => 'video'));

Maybe you also have a look at this thread here: www.sermonspeaker.net/forum/SermonSpeake...Video-And-Audio.html .

And of course the documentation about the layouting: www.sermonspeaker.net/documentation/layo...dvanced-layouts.html
Last edit: 12 May 2012 23:59 by Thomas Hunziker.

More
13 May 2012 02:32 #1938 by Jason Adams
what i was refering to are examples in the screenshots. i got a 404 on one of those links. i will try the methods in the other when time allows. will i have to do it for each file?
Attachments:

More
13 May 2012 02:44 #1939 by Jason Adams
i guess these files were too large initially
Attachments:

More
13 May 2012 08:14 #1940 by Thomas Hunziker
It would be no problem to do that with SermonSpeaker. It's just a question of the layout.
Currently there isn't one that does this, but you could do it yourself.
I can try to do such a layout but it will take some time.

More
13 May 2012 14:42 #1941 by Jason Adams
Thomas, man i would really appreciate it. I understand you have a new addition to your family so time is a factor. If it could be integrated eventually I'll just wait on the feature add. When it comes to coding if it's just adding a line or two or tweaking a line I can do that with guidance (ie add this here or change this there) but to add core functionality is way beyond me. I think you'll find a little more interest in this extension to add this functionality as the other extensions that are aimed at what we provide. As I stated before I really prefer yours. The other ones can get a little complicated in the back end yours is pretty simple and I like that. Right now I'm just building our new site to get it ready for the dedication ceremony for our new building, but even if it's not done by then I will wait on the feature add and integrate when ready.

Time to create page: 0.199 seconds