Layout Problems

More
14 Mar 2012 02:30 - 14 Mar 2012 04:09 #1631 by John C. Thomas
Hi,

I'm new to this forum and am already a fan of sermon speaker. I have got a sermon list on our website that I made with sermon speaker. The problem I'm having is the information I include doesn't appear beneath the heading. It's all off center. The more category's I add the better it gets but still doesn't look right. I wonder if somebody could give me a idea of how I might fix this? See attached file.

Thanks

John

Attachments:
Last edit: 14 Mar 2012 04:09 by John C. Thomas.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Mar 2012 08:15 #1633 by Thomas Hunziker
Replied by Thomas Hunziker on topic Re: Layout Problems
The formatting is done with CSS, the table headers use the <th> HTML tag. Your template probably has some CSS formatting applied to this.

If you provide an URL to the page, I could have a closer look as to what exactly is applied.

More
14 Mar 2012 15:07 #1634 by John C. Thomas
Replied by John C. Thomas on topic Re: Layout Problems
Hi, thanks for your quick response. I would appreciate it if you could look at our setup and let me know what you think. We are still under construction but I'm sure you can see enough to know what might be going on.

Thanks So Much

John

www.lhwc.net/revista251/index.php/sermon...eries/sunday-sermons

More
14 Mar 2012 16:08 - 14 Mar 2012 16:09 #1635 by Thomas Hunziker
It's quite simple actually, but I didn't see that on the picture clear enough.

The first row is made with <th> (table header) tags while the rest is done with <td> (table data) tags. Now the default behaviour from a browser is exactly what you see: <th> is centered and <td> is left aligned.

To change this behaviour you can use the following CSS rule to align the header left like the data:
Code:
th{ text-align:left; }

Add this to your templates CSS file so it doesn't get overwritten by a SermonSpeaker update.
Last edit: 14 Mar 2012 16:09 by Thomas Hunziker.

More
14 Mar 2012 16:12 #1636 by Thomas Hunziker
Another note: This change would affect every table in Joomla. If you want this change only for SermonSpeaker tables you could use the classes like this:
Code:
th.ss-title, th.ss-col{ text-align:left; }

More
14 Mar 2012 16:23 #1637 by John C. Thomas
Replied by John C. Thomas on topic Re: Layout Problems
I will give that a try. I will attach a shot that is a little closer up for you,

Thank You

John

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.208 seconds