Clean Table Layout

More
17 Feb 2012 00:37 #1502 by Dave Gortemaker
Another question from a satisfied user...

Is there anyway to clean up the look of the table information (see www.redeemer-canrc.ca/audio-video )? I would like to add grid lines and/or alternating white and grey row lines etc. I read through the lay outing info but not sure how to make these simple changes to appearance.

Some tips would really be appreciated! Thanks again in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Feb 2012 04:06 #1503 by Andrei Chernyshev
in your custom.css file for template add the following lines.
Code:
.odd { background:#efe7d9 } .even { background:#efe7d9 }
you can replace #efe7d9 with any 2 colors that you choose. or you can use just one
like.
Code:
.odd { background:#efe7d9 }

More
17 Feb 2012 09:30 #1508 by Thomas Hunziker
Such things are all donw with CSS like Andrej already pointed out.
If you're unsure about which classes and ids are available, you can use the development tools that come with the browsers. For IE press F12 and you get a small window with some icons. Click the cursor icon and then click the webpage element you want to know. This will select the corresponding HTML in the window and show you all applied CSS rules. Play around with it, it's very helpful to customize a page.
For the Firefox theres a Web Developer Addon which does similar things.

More
17 Feb 2012 13:26 #1511 by Andrei Chernyshev
Google Chrome has a good one built in. all you have to do is right click over section you want to see and select inspect element.

More
21 Feb 2012 23:17 #1528 by Dave Gortemaker
Thank you gentlemen for all your help. Those were very helpful tips and I put them to good use. Keep up the valuable work on a great product! I also appreciate your timely responses!

More
22 Feb 2012 03:17 - 22 Feb 2012 03:28 #1529 by B.Pohl
Replied by B.Pohl on topic Re: Clean Table Layout
I wondered if anyone could help me out. I've been trying to apply the .even and .odd classes (as above) through the [my_template]/css/custom.css file. However, I can't seem to get it to work.

I have tried applying the css through the sermonspeaker.css as well, but that also didn't seem to work.

Can anyone point out where I could be going wrong? The code I've been inserting is the same as andrei gave.
Edited to add, I just disabled the gzip & minify settings in my template & it seems to be working.

Do you know if there's a way to keep gzip & minify & still have custom css?
Last edit: 22 Feb 2012 03:28 by B.Pohl.

Time to create page: 0.308 seconds