Change Number of Displayed Items

More
23 Jul 2011 20:35 #806 by Lewis
Default number of display is set to 20. Is there a fast fix to change this. I looked through the admin and did not see it anywhere.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Jul 2011 21:05 #807 by Thomas Hunziker
It takes the list length from the global Joomla parameters.
The same applies for the feed length which is also a global Joomla parameter.

More
24 Jul 2011 01:03 #811 by Lewis
Thanks, that helps a lot. I notice that the global only goes up to 100 and does not include "All". Not sure if that is a topic for this forum or not.

More
24 Jul 2011 07:13 #814 by Thomas Hunziker
I think it's related to the way the Joomla pagination works, and also a performance issue. 100 should be more than enough, for sunday sermons that would translate to the last 2 years :-)
There is still the possibility to switch the pages, or you could use the archive module and/or the archive view.

More
25 Jul 2011 12:32 #817 by Lewis
Thanks for your help and input Thomas. I think the program is great and agree that 100 would normally be enough for most church organizations. The concept I am working on however is a little different where the end goal will be to have several contributors from around the world who provide material on a regular basis and I am already at the top end limit of 100 for a page. Normally the pagination would be a good fit but because my audience may tend to be on the upper end of age or from less developed countries their understanding of the internet may be less developed so I thought it would be better to have everything listed on one page. I will be developing a video tutorial to help site visitors so pagination may still be a good way to go in the end. I really do appreciate the work you have done on the program and thus far it has been my third attempt at a solution to meet my needs and definitely the best fit. Once I can be sure that this will in fact be the way to go I will be definitely sending a donation to support your efforts.

More
25 Jul 2011 13:18 #818 by Thomas Hunziker
You could try editing the file

/administrator/components/com_config/models/forms/application.xml

. There is a field declaration named "list_limit":
Code:
<field name="list_limit" type="list" default="20" label="COM_CONFIG_FIELD_DEFAULT_LIST_LIMIT_LABEL" description="COM_CONFIG_FIELD_DEFAULT_LIST_LIMIT_DESC" filter="integer"> <option value="5">J5</option> <option value="10">J10</option> <option value="15">J15</option> <option value="20">J20</option> <option value="25">J25</option> <option value="30">J30</option> <option value="50">J50</option> <option value="100">J100</option> <option value="200">200</option> <option value="0">JALL</option> </field>
If you add a new option to the end with the value 200, you will be able to set a new default list length in the Joomla configurations. Of course add the value you want here, I just choose '200' as an example. You can also try to use the value '0' as an 'All' option. Not sure if that will work without issues but it should probably do.
If you want to add an option to the frontend dropdown, you'll have to edit the file

/libraries/joomla/html/pagination.php

around line #393:
Code:
$limits[] = JHtml::_('select.option', '50', JText::_('J50')); $limits[] = JHtml::_('select.option', '100', JText::_('J100')); $limits[] = JHtml::_('select.option', '200', JText::_('200')); $limits[] = JHtml::_('select.option', '0', JText::_('JALL'));
This is where the list is populated.

It's not tested but based on the code this should work :-)

Time to create page: 0.311 seconds