Audio storage

More
21 Jul 2022 09:37 #7929 by Brendan
Audio storage was created by Brendan
I've been happily storing our audio sermons on archive.org for years, today I discovered they've taken down everything and you just see a message "This item is no longer available. Items may be taken down for various reasons, including by decision of the uploader or due to a violation of our Terms of Use."

Not happy, suffice to say I'm now looking for better alternatives and now heavily leaning towards self hosting.  I already self host our joomla site on a vps but storage is expensive, they do have cheaper storage on "inexpensive but slower storage" eg. 500GB $15 p/m which I could probably use but then I'd need to either attach the vps systems and try and map the storage of sermonspeaker somehow.

Anyone faced similar issues and how did you deal with it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jul 2022 12:18 #7930 by Thomas Hunziker
Replied by Thomas Hunziker on topic Audio storage
I would have a look at Amazon S3.
SermonSpeaker already has an integration for it. So you can upload to S3 directly from within SermonSpeaker. Also the price is based on what you actually use, so it is probably cheaper as well.

More
22 Jul 2022 06:35 #7931 by Brendan
Replied by Brendan on topic Audio storage
Thanks Thomas. I checked out S3 and it definitely looks a good option and if I only store the mp3 versions costs are pretty reasonable.

archive.org actually reinstated it after my contact and suggested it was an administrative error :) Still, never trust any service and keep your own copies of course!

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds