Can't seem to activate an RSS feed

More
31 Mar 2017 15:23 #6604 by Philippa Brewell
Hi,

First of all, thank you so much for making this plugin available.

It's the first time I've installed anything like this onto my website. So, I'm not sure I'm even asking the correct question.

The podcast looks great on my website but I can't get it onto iTunes. I can't find the RSS URL anywhere and when I do the usual methods to try and find it (like opening up the page in Firefox) there doesn't appear to be an RSS feed URL.

I hope this makes sense to somebody :-)

Kind regards
Philippa

Here's my podcast webpage address in case that helps.. www.britishhistorytours.com/history-podcast

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Mar 2017 16:03 - 31 Mar 2017 16:05 #6605 by Thomas Hunziker
There are various ways to get your feed URL:
  • You just know it :whistle: : www.britishhistorytours.com/index.php?op...view=feed&format=raw
  • You publish the "SermonCast" module ( www.sermonspeaker.net/download/module-sermoncast.html ) and copy the link from there.
  • You create a new menu item for the feed (it's a menu type in the SermonSpeaker group), this way you can create a nice link for your feed and also apply some filters
  • you look at the
    Code:
    <head>
    section in the source code of the sermon listings, there is an entry like
    Code:
    <link title="RSS 2.0" href="/history-podcast/feed?format=raw&amp;catid=15" rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml">
    which contains the link to an RSS feed of the current view. Some browsers detect that and let you directly subscribe to it.
Last edit: 31 Mar 2017 16:05 by Thomas Hunziker.

More
01 Apr 2017 11:56 #6606 by Philippa Brewell
Thank you Thomas - I will give this a go :-)

More
01 Apr 2017 22:39 #6607 by Philippa Brewell
It worked and now my podcast is submitted, pending review - thank you so much!

Time to create page: 0.169 seconds