Sermons in GoogleSearch - First Page

More
04 Mar 2013 12:29 #3158 by Martini
Hi,
actually I'm playing a little bit with SEO, SEF, RichSnippets and what content will be shown at googling the church-homepage.

One thing I'm very unhappy about are the results belonging 'sermons <churchname>'.
Google doesn't show the first sermon's site (with the actual sermons) but some other page (with sermons 2 years ago).
Does anyone know a mechanism to make google only show the first site (if search isn't related to a speacial sermons)?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Mar 2013 14:19 #3159 by Thomas Hunziker
Did you try using the Google Webmastertools and adding there the RSS feed as a sitemap? That's probably the best you can do. And you can also use the Joomla extension XMap together with the SermonSpeaker addon to generate a real sitemap for Google.

More
04 Mar 2013 14:27 #3160 by Martini
Indeed I use the google webmaster tools and linked these with the xmap.xml on my page.

I haven't used the sermonspeaker-addon for xmap, I thought this is only necessary if I want to have a list of all available sermons on my site.
Do you think the consequences of the RSS-Feed (of Joomla in general or sermonspeaker?) differs from using Xmap?

More
04 Mar 2013 15:03 #3161 by Thomas Hunziker
I don't use the plugin myself, but it should also show series and speakers besides the sermons. And I think you can specify how often something changes. However it's long ago since I last tested it.
The SermonSpeaker RSS feed only shows the sermons.

Time to create page: 0.289 seconds