Can't Create New Categories

More
09 May 2023 19:46 #8065 by Mike
At uniongrovewhitehall.org/
I am getting this error when I try to create a new category:
Joomla\CMS\Toolbar\Toolbar::versions(): Argument #2 ($itemId) must be of type int, null given, called in /home/uniongrovewhi234/public_html/administrator/components/com_categories/src/View/Category/HtmlView.php on line 239

This is the line in that file:
$toolbar->versions($typeAlias, $this->item->id);

But it only happens in Sermon Speaker, creating a category in Articles works fine.

I can't find anything online that works for a fix. We didn't have this problem before the most recent Joomla update.

Here is some of the info from debug error reporting:Joomla! Version4.3.1PHP Version8.0.28IdentityuserResponse200TemplateatumDatabaseServermysqlVersion10.6.12-MariaDB-logCollationlatin1_swedish_ciConn Collationutf8mb4_general_ci#FunctionLocation1()JROOT/libraries/src/Toolbar/CoreButtonsTrait.php:5112Joomla\CMS\Toolbar\Toolbar->versions()JROOT/administrator/components/com_categories/src/View/Category/HtmlView.php:2393Joomla\Component\Categories\Administrator\View\Category\HtmlView->addToolbar()JROOT/administrator/components/com_categories/src/View/Category/HtmlView.php:1214Joomla\Component\Categories\Administrator\View\Category\HtmlView->display()JROOT/administrator/components/com_categories/src/Controller/DisplayController.php:1115Joomla\Component\Categories\Administrator\Controller\DisplayController->display()JROOT/libraries/src/MVC/Controller/BaseController.php:6786Joomla\CMS\MVC\Controller\BaseController->execute()JROOT/libraries/src/Dispatcher/ComponentDispatcher.php:1437Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher\ComponentDispatcher->dispatch()JROOT/libraries/src/Component/ComponentHelper.php:3618Joomla\CMS\Component\ComponentHelper::renderComponent()JROOT/libraries/src/Application/AdministratorApplication.php:1439Joomla\CMS\Application\AdministratorApplication->dispatch()JROOT/libraries/src/Application/AdministratorApplication.php:18610Joomla\CMS\Application\AdministratorApplication->doExecute()JROOT/libraries/src/Application/CMSApplication.php:29311Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication->execute()JROOT/administrator/includes/app.php:6112require_once()JROOT/administrator/index.php:32
Do you have any ideas on how to fix this?
Thanks much!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 May 2023 20:30 #8066 by Thomas Hunziker
Thanks for the information. I can reproduce the issue on my test server and will have a look at how to fix it.

More
09 May 2023 21:10 #8067 by Thomas Hunziker
It's actually a bug in Joomla which was already fixed 4 days ago in their development code:
github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/pull/40484

So we will have to wait for Joomla 4.3.2 which is scheduled for 30th May.

More
09 May 2023 21:11 #8068 by Mike
Replied by Mike on topic Can't Create New Categories
perfect, thanks so much!

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds