Unable to put series into newly created category

More
04 Apr 2023 19:47 #8054 by Mike
on this page uniongrovewhitehall.org/our-media/special-topics I created new categories but they won't show up, can you help?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Apr 2023 20:06 #8055 by Thomas Hunziker
It may be a permission issue. The category field checks if you're allowed to create a series in that category and only shows the ones you're allowed.
So check the category permissions tab if "create" is allowed.

More
04 Apr 2023 20:10 #8056 by Mike
I checked in the category and create is already allowed. Any other ideas?

More
04 Apr 2023 20:37 #8057 by Thomas Hunziker
Did you try the "Rebuild" button in the category manager?
This would fix some columns in the database table which play a part with permission inheritance and the category tree.

There was an issue with permissions which I fixed with SermonSpeaker 6.0.6. But assuming you have the latest version, that shouldn't be an issue now. Especially not for newly created categories. Categories created before that version, may need to be saved again to update their permission settings.

Other than that, I currently have no idea without testing some things myself.

More
04 Apr 2023 20:42 #8058 by Mike
yes tried the rebuild button again, no doesn't work. Tried a database fix but that didn't help. Yes, using 6.0.7, I tried rolling back the php to 7.4, that didn't help. Joomla is the most current version. It worked when we added all the original studies. Could I get you and admin login so you could take a look? If so how would I do that?

More
04 Apr 2023 20:49 #8059 by Thomas Hunziker
You can use the contact formular to send me backend credentials. Then I can have a look. Probably not today anymore (it's 9pm here) but tomorrow I should have enough time.

Time to create page: 0.303 seconds