Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

Series Ordering

More
20 Jun 2019 00:39 #7465 by Dusty
Series Ordering was created by Dusty
I'm trying to setup a menu item for a Series list. The idea is to display all series on a page. But the ordering isn't working correctly. Would like to have the series with the most recent sermon displayed first. Currently, it's not working that way. I can't figure out what it's doing. I try setting the series list by date and it doesn't even post the latest created series first. No matter if I set it ascending to descending. So, trying to figure out how to do this. Is it possible?

website is www.fellowshipsearcy.org/index.php/resources/teachings

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Jun 2019 10:06 #7466 by Thomas Hunziker
Replied by Thomas Hunziker on topic Series Ordering
The series are always ordered using the "Ordering" column.
That ordering can be adjusted by moving the series into the desired order in the backend series manager. For that you need to sort the list by the ordering column first and then you can drag and drop the series using the three dots on the left of the entry.

The option "Default ordering" relates to the sermons within a series.

More
20 Jun 2019 18:59 #7469 by Dusty
Replied by Dusty on topic Series Ordering
That's the way I have it set now and it still does that. I set the ordering in the backend the way I want it, but it still displays incorrectly.

More
20 Jun 2019 19:30 #7470 by Thomas Hunziker
Then you have manually changed the ordering of the list in frontend. Any user can change it by clicking on the table header (assuming you have the table layout). This selection is stored in the session.
Other than that it always orders the list by the "ordering" column, which can be adjusted the way I described above.

More
20 Jun 2019 21:49 #7471 by Dusty
Replied by Dusty on topic Series Ordering
Thanks for the guidance, but it's still acting strange. I've cleared all settings and cookies for the site and I haven't sorted by the table heading.

The attachments contain what it looks like in the backend (table sorted by Ordering: ascending) and the corresponding frontend view.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Thanks!
Attachments:

More
20 Jun 2019 22:31 #7472 by Thomas Hunziker
Can you check the database table #__sermon_series? "#__" will be your Joomla database prefix.
Check the ordering column for those records if they have a value bigger than 0.

Time to create page: 0.190 seconds