Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

YouTube and audio or Vimeo, they don't work together

More
01 Jun 2017 23:47 #6698 by Sunday Wu
Hi,

First of all, thank you for the wonderful extension. It's been a great help for my ministry.

I have just started to use Vimeo recently. The video clips hosted on Vimeo works only when I set the Player to Vimeo under the Player tab. But if I set it this way, the video clips on YouTube and audio clips will not work. In contrast, if I set the Player to Use Plugin, YouTube video clips and audio clips works and Vimeo displays the "No matching player found." message.

Could you kindly advise what did I do wrong?

My web address: www.sundaywu.com . I am using Joomla 3.7.2, SermonSpeaker 5.6.2 with JW Player 7.

Thanks and God bless,

Sunday

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Jun 2017 00:05 #6699 by Thomas Hunziker
I'll have to rewrite the Vimeo player as a plugin player. Otherwise it will not work.But it will only work for the detailpage, not for the list pages. Because there is no player which can play both the Youtube and Vimeo videos.

More
02 Jun 2017 00:12 #6700 by Sunday Wu
Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the promptly reply.

So at this point, I have to choose between Vimeo and YouTube?

The other thing I notice is the audio/video toggle does not work if I set the Player to Vimeo and single page to Content but works on the Icon view for single page. Is this normal?

Sunday

More
02 Jun 2017 00:33 #6701 by Thomas Hunziker
The Vimeo player can only play Vimeo videos. No audio or other videos at all. So yes, the toggle feature doesn't work with it.
JW Player is the most versatile player as it can play a wide range of audio and video files, including Youtube.

More
02 Jun 2017 07:56 #6705 by Thomas Hunziker
Actually, I already did that Vimeo plugin last year (forgot it). You can download it here: www.sermonspeaker.net/download/player-vi...yer-vimeo-5-5-0.html

More
02 Jun 2017 08:31 #6707 by Sunday Wu
Thanks. I don't see any changes after installing and activating the plugin. Could it be that the plugin is already included in the latest version of the SermonSpeaker or am I missing something?

Time to create page: 0.308 seconds